Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decel Valve - Delete Option, Should it Stay or Should it Go?
Larouex
post Apr 27 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #1

Larouex

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,339
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have finally put my 1974 2.0 back together and i have it running with the original fuel injection. I have solid compression on all cylinders and had it out on the freeway on Sunday up 90MPH.

I am now fighting to fix a couple little things. The engine after I take it out of gear and let it go to idle, will dip to a really low rpm and then recover. I think this is related to the decel valve and many say that it should just be removed altogether.

AA wants 198.00 for this part and wow that is a lot for this little part.

What says the folks here and please feel free to point me to any previous debates, I searched but did not find a specific thread.

Cheers,
Larouex
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Apr 28 2009, 06:08 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

It is an emissions device and the engine can run without it.

It's function is to add extra air on closed throttle deacceleration to "prevent" backfiring. Removal may cause backfiring.

Make sure it is hooked up correctly by doing a search here or checking the dialogue on PBanders D-Jet site (Google is your friend ... type in PBanders)
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 28 2009, 06:28 AM
Post #3

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

your problem isn't related to the Decel valve as SLITS has stated it would actually hold a higher idle on decel due to the increase of air being added to the idle mix. I think your idle mix is too rich so check the knob on top of the ECU to check where its at. Look on Brad's site to adjust your idle mix properly as usually people crank the knob up way to much. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
type47
post Apr 28 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #4

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have read suggestions that the MPS diaphragm gets more "wear" if running w/o the decel valve. Unconfirmed recollection, if the factory put it in, maybe the default mode should be to include it. Get a used one for much less than new.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:26 AM