Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decel Valve - Delete Option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larouex
I have finally put my 1974 2.0 back together and i have it running with the original fuel injection. I have solid compression on all cylinders and had it out on the freeway on Sunday up 90MPH.

I am now fighting to fix a couple little things. The engine after I take it out of gear and let it go to idle, will dip to a really low rpm and then recover. I think this is related to the decel valve and many say that it should just be removed altogether.

AA wants 198.00 for this part and wow that is a lot for this little part.

What says the folks here and please feel free to point me to any previous debates, I searched but did not find a specific thread.

Cheers,
Larouex
SLITS
It is an emissions device and the engine can run without it.

It's function is to add extra air on closed throttle deacceleration to "prevent" backfiring. Removal may cause backfiring.

Make sure it is hooked up correctly by doing a search here or checking the dialogue on PBanders D-Jet site (Google is your friend ... type in PBanders)
Bleyseng
your problem isn't related to the Decel valve as SLITS has stated it would actually hold a higher idle on decel due to the increase of air being added to the idle mix. I think your idle mix is too rich so check the knob on top of the ECU to check where its at. Look on Brad's site to adjust your idle mix properly as usually people crank the knob up way to much. chair.gif
type47
I have read suggestions that the MPS diaphragm gets more "wear" if running w/o the decel valve. Unconfirmed recollection, if the factory put it in, maybe the default mode should be to include it. Get a used one for much less than new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.