Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clutch Issues, If you see the pulley move....
Cire
post May 1 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,155
Region Association: None

I was thinking my clutch went out and I talked to a person in PHX (Thanks Tons) and he suggested I check the clutch tube and if it broke away from the car. I jacked up the car and am looking underneath for the tube. I assume its the one with the cable that goes back to the clutch pulley. The tube is intact and doesnt move. The pulley does move. It looks like it moves enough to pull the arm and ingage the clutch.

Does this mean that its a throw out bearing or something else?

The car starts and runs great. When I go to put it in gear, I put in the clutch and it grinds trying to get into gear.

Thanks everyone. Thank god it wasnt the new radio (who posted that??)

= )

Eric
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 1 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

Could be a couple of things. When grinding in and out of gears, usually the clutch isn't disengaged enough to let pressure off the drivetrain when shifting.

Could be the clutch cable needs adjusted. Could be (this happened to me) the clutch cable starting to break and elongates a little at a time. Could be the clutch tube as mentioned before.

Where does the clutch disengage when pushing on the pedal? Should happen about an inch or so from the top of the pedal stop.
+Quote Post
ejm
post May 1 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #3

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224

QUOTE(Cire @ May 1 2009, 11:03 AM) *

I assume its the one with the cable that goes back to the clutch pulley.

Broken clutch tube usually refers to the metal guide tube inside the chassis. It can break free at the firewall and get pulled inwards. There are also two places inside the tunnel that can break loose.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 1 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

could be a simple adjustment, could be the ball stud clip, could be the ball stud cup, could be a throwout bearing clip (there are 2), could be the ball pin, could be the throwout bearing. could be alot of things. you're going to have to jack up the car and investigate further.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:09 PM