Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
I was thinking my clutch went out and I talked to a person in PHX (Thanks Tons) and he suggested I check the clutch tube and if it broke away from the car. I jacked up the car and am looking underneath for the tube. I assume its the one with the cable that goes back to the clutch pulley. The tube is intact and doesnt move. The pulley does move. It looks like it moves enough to pull the arm and ingage the clutch.

Does this mean that its a throw out bearing or something else?

The car starts and runs great. When I go to put it in gear, I put in the clutch and it grinds trying to get into gear.

Thanks everyone. Thank god it wasnt the new radio (who posted that??)

= )

Eric
Spoke
Could be a couple of things. When grinding in and out of gears, usually the clutch isn't disengaged enough to let pressure off the drivetrain when shifting.

Could be the clutch cable needs adjusted. Could be (this happened to me) the clutch cable starting to break and elongates a little at a time. Could be the clutch tube as mentioned before.

Where does the clutch disengage when pushing on the pedal? Should happen about an inch or so from the top of the pedal stop.
ejm
QUOTE(Cire @ May 1 2009, 11:03 AM) *

I assume its the one with the cable that goes back to the clutch pulley.

Broken clutch tube usually refers to the metal guide tube inside the chassis. It can break free at the firewall and get pulled inwards. There are also two places inside the tunnel that can break loose.
rhodyguy
could be a simple adjustment, could be the ball stud clip, could be the ball stud cup, could be a throwout bearing clip (there are 2), could be the ball pin, could be the throwout bearing. could be alot of things. you're going to have to jack up the car and investigate further.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.