Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My garage is getting back in order., More parts on the car. Getting closer.
PeeGreen 914
post May 4 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #41

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 4 2009, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 3 2009, 09:46 PM) *

It sounds nice... I can't wait to hear it at 7300 though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . Honestly I like the sound of the big fat Triad I have over this but this is lighter. I am going to have them both Dynoed to see what performs the best.... may even have Dave make me a different version of this one without the glass packs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Thinking of just having the crossover and then big fat tubes coming out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Hey Jon,

If those white cars with blue lights happen to catch you. It would be a good idea to maybe have a copy of the RCW (law) that exempts cars 25+ years to be louder than stock in the exhaust category.

ummmm, I just might know a few guys who like to write the "rice burners" for their silly ass coffee can exhausts. I would hate to see this wonderful machine get wrapped up in that mess.

My car has a triad; granted I haven't been able to tempt the fellas.....yet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Just a little FYI.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Thanks, I didn't even know about that one. I have been pulled over twice in the car and let go without an issue. I will have to find that code just in case though. One of the officers that pulled me over started talking about AX with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . He noticed some cone marks on my car and asked me where I AX. I do have collector plates.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mr.242
post May 4 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #42

May your glass be smaller so it's always FULL!

Member No.: 9,160

Jon,

RCW: 46.37.390 Mufflers required.
here is a cut/paste of just the section on Mufflers:
(3) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the engine of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and it shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle not equipped as required by this subsection, or which has been amplified as prohibited by this subsection. A court may dismiss an infraction notice for a violation of this subsection if there is reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was not operated in violation of this subsection.

This subsection (3) does not apply to vehicles twenty-five or more years old [color=#FF0000]or to passenger vehicles being operated off the highways in an organized racing or competitive event conducted by a recognized sanctioning body.

WAHOOO!
Link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.37.390

Study this one too so you can give a STATEMENT when needed!
RCW 46.16.307
Collectors' vehicles — Use restrictions.
A collectors' vehicle licensed under RCW 46.16.305(1) may only be used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, and occasional pleasure driving.

Important to pay attention to the Licensing of the vehicle as a collector. It means the car can't be used as a daily driver. But with my insurance it only allows me to drive so many miles a year. Thus "occasional" pleasure driving. I also guess that IF I am driving in a Racing incident I have to claim it was for my pleasure and thus allowed or mandated by law! Think that will work?

Hope the info helps! Hate for "issues" to happen out there with the weather now changing. Other WA 9fourteeners take note!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

+Quote Post
Mr.242
post May 4 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #43

May your glass be smaller so it's always FULL!

Member No.: 9,160

I will need a RETAINER to continue the discussion anymore.............and/or SIX parts!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 4 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #44

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Yeah, I have discussed in full detail the collector plate with my lawyer. He has told me that in the cases I drive my car I am in compliance with the law. I also have Hagerty insurance with a 3000 mile a year limit.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post May 5 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #45

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Jon, spacers done , shocks ready . distributor ?
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 5 2009, 10:54 AM
Post #46

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Thanks Jeff.
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post May 5 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

Cool! Now jon can get back to work
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 8 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #48

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) mmmmmmmmmmmmm....thanks to Eric Shea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:50 PM