Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My garage is getting back in order.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Well, I should have everything back in and ready to fire it up by Tuesday pending a few iteams. getting close piratenanner.gif
turboturtle
I know I'm not really the jealous type, But I am. Not sorry about it either. Bet it's going to be a wicked ride.

Question, Are limited slips available, say for my stock 73' 2.0 trany.

That would be a pretty nice addition for mine someday!
PeeGreen 914
Yes, you have the same box I do. I just have different gears and a Guard TB diff. I think they run about 1700 or so.

The whole engine was out of my car being rebuilt from a 2.4T to a 2.4l E ish while I did some body modifications and such. Just took a little longer than I planned but I am getting close to being finished. piratenanner.gif
championgt1
Looking good Jon! aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
Thanks Jack. It is getting very close and it WILL be at the next AX biggrin.gif aktion035.gif w00t.gif
So.Cal.914
Way to go Jon...Ah 2.4 E ish? Please elaborate. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Well, it has 2.4l E Ps&Cs but a little something extra on the porting. piratenanner.gif
championgt1
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 1 2009, 08:27 PM) *

Thanks Jack. It is getting very close and it WILL be at the next AX biggrin.gif aktion035.gif w00t.gif

driving.gif I hope my car will be done by then as well.
PeeGreen 914
ooooooooooooooo.... that would be cool. If it is done will you be bringing it out? w00t.gif
jcambo7
Looking great Jon drunk.gif popcorn[1].gif
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(turboturtle @ May 1 2009, 07:25 PM) *

I know I'm not really the jealous type, But I am. Not sorry about it either. Bet it's going to be a wicked ride.

Question, Are limited slips available, say for my stock 73' 2.0 trany.

That would be a pretty nice addition for mine someday!

There are several differentials available.

Quaife and Guard Transmission make torque biasing differentials.

ZF ( original equipment ) or Guard Transmission make real limited slip differentials also.

Most people prefer a torque biasing differential to a limited slip differential in street cars.

Expect to pay more than $2000 by the time you've got one of those in your transmission.
pete-stevers
lookin great Jon!
If this sunny weather holds up, i will be cruising down soon.
i fired harlot up today, i have a few details to finish and then it is.. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Here's a few more camera phone pictures. beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
Sweet, have fun. drooley.gif
J P Stein
It looks like fresh meat to me. drooley.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 1 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Expect to pay more than $2000 by the time you've got one of those in your transmission.

A bit more than half that amount ....if you have good contacts & can do the work yourself.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=390903
zymurgist
A 911 engine that doesn't have oil all over it... I'm so jealous. wink.gif
jcambo7
wub.gif drooley.gif
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 2 2009, 07:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 1 2009, 10:07 PM) *

A bit more than half that amount ....if you have good contacts & can do the work yourself.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=390903

Wow, I need contacts like those. Last time I looked it was around a grand for the bearings you gotta replace when you pull the thing apart.
PeeGreen 914
huh.gif Wow, really? Do you have a worldpac acount or know someone that does? Getting parts at cost really helps cut down on everything if you want to do it yourself.
ConeDodger
agree.gif with JP. The Guard TBD runs between $1100 and $1200 + shipping and installation. Do it yourself and save some coin if you can...
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 2 2009, 10:53 AM) *

huh.gif Wow, really? Do you have a worldpac acount or know someone that does? Getting parts at cost really helps cut down on everything if you want to do it yourself.

That's how I bought them last time. The 901 bearings are very expensive.
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif
jcambo7
drooley.gif wub.gif That is beautiful...I bet it's obnoxious too...ooh...I want to hear it so bad... aktion035.gif
Chris Hamilton
Gonna just stick those out the back or do like the boxster with a valence thingy around them?
PeeGreen 914
Just the bumper hanging down a little... No valence wink.gif It's an AX car that I get to drive on the street. Not a street car that I AX biggrin.gif
Heeltoe914
Maybe I am not seeing it but have you cut the lower valve covers to clear the control arm? Do it before the motor gose in.
PeeGreen 914

Ummmm. The motor is in. The covers are cut though. I did that a long time ago but Jeff made it look prettier.
brp986s
Nice job. Who makes those headers?
PeeGreen 914

Triad made my headers and both of the exhausts I have.

He does excellent work.

I think his website is www.triadperformancewest.com but I'm on my phone and can't look it up right now.
pete-stevers
that triad looks....sic!!
and i bet it sounds even better!!
PeeGreen 914
It sounds nice... I can't wait to hear it at 7300 though piratenanner.gif . Honestly I like the sound of the big fat Triad I have over this but this is lighter. I am going to have them both Dynoed to see what performs the best.... may even have Dave make me a different version of this one without the glass packs biggrin.gif Thinking of just having the crossover and then big fat tubes coming out drooley.gif
slow914
Ayyy what happened to megaphones man, also how did the paint come out? drunk.gif drunk.gif
736conver
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 2 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Did someone ask for a worldpac account??? I have one if someone needs help.
PeeGreen 914
I may do mega phones but as I understand it if I don't have the cross over I will lose some of the mid torque. So I decided to just stick with these biggrin.gif

Paint is looking good so far... I have a little more wet sanding to do and then glaze. I want everything in before I worry about that though. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(736conver @ May 3 2009, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 2 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Did someone ask for a worldpac account??? I have one if someone needs help.

aktion035.gif That is good to know... People take note. Fortunately I have a shop that lets me use their account biggrin.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 3 2009, 09:46 PM) *

It sounds nice... I can't wait to hear it at 7300 though piratenanner.gif . Honestly I like the sound of the big fat Triad I have over this but this is lighter. I am going to have them both Dynoed to see what performs the best.... may even have Dave make me a different version of this one without the glass packs biggrin.gif Thinking of just having the crossover and then big fat tubes coming out drooley.gif

Hey Jon,

If those white cars with blue lights happen to catch you. It would be a good idea to maybe have a copy of the RCW (law) that exempts cars 25+ years to be louder than stock in the exhaust category.

ummmm, I just might know a few guys who like to write the "rice burners" for their silly ass coffee can exhausts. I would hate to see this wonderful machine get wrapped up in that mess.

My car has a triad; granted I haven't been able to tempt the fellas.....yet! happy11.gif

Just a little FYI.
DNHunt
Do you have a number for that RCW? It might be a good idea for a lot of us to carry that one.

Dave
6freak
QUOTE(DNHunt @ May 4 2009, 06:33 AM) *

Do you have a number for that RCW? It might be a good idea for a lot of us to carry that one.

Dave

lol-2.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 1 2009, 06:52 PM) *

Well, I should have everything back in and ready to fire it up by Tuesday pending a few iteams. getting close piratenanner.gif

Jon you need to drill holes in the corners of that area you cut out ..stress releaf.. remember someone told you that and i see its not done yet ...good work and if the weathers nice i just mite drive the six up there for the fireing off party.We will let Troy hold the fire bottle.Glad to see you are getting very close to AX again
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 4 2009, 06:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 3 2009, 09:46 PM) *

Hey Jon,

If those white cars with blue lights happen to catch you. It would be a good idea to maybe have a copy of the RCW (law) that exempts cars 25+ years to be louder than stock in the exhaust category.

ummmm, I just might know a few guys who like to write the "rice burners" for their silly ass coffee can exhausts. I would hate to see this wonderful machine get wrapped up in that mess.

My car has a triad; granted I haven't been able to tempt the fellas.....yet! happy11.gif

Just a little FYI.

aktion035.gif Thanks, I didn't even know about that one. I have been pulled over twice in the car and let go without an issue. I will have to find that code just in case though. One of the officers that pulled me over started talking about AX with me biggrin.gif . He noticed some cone marks on my car and asked me where I AX. I do have collector plates.
Mr.242
Jon,

RCW: 46.37.390 Mufflers required.
here is a cut/paste of just the section on Mufflers:
(3) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the engine of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and it shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle not equipped as required by this subsection, or which has been amplified as prohibited by this subsection. A court may dismiss an infraction notice for a violation of this subsection if there is reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was not operated in violation of this subsection.

This subsection (3) does not apply to vehicles twenty-five or more years old [color=#FF0000]or to passenger vehicles being operated off the highways in an organized racing or competitive event conducted by a recognized sanctioning body.

WAHOOO!
Link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.37.390

Study this one too so you can give a STATEMENT when needed!
RCW 46.16.307
Collectors' vehicles — Use restrictions.
A collectors' vehicle licensed under RCW 46.16.305(1) may only be used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, and occasional pleasure driving.

Important to pay attention to the Licensing of the vehicle as a collector. It means the car can't be used as a daily driver. But with my insurance it only allows me to drive so many miles a year. Thus "occasional" pleasure driving. I also guess that IF I am driving in a Racing incident I have to claim it was for my pleasure and thus allowed or mandated by law! Think that will work?

Hope the info helps! Hate for "issues" to happen out there with the weather now changing. Other WA 9fourteeners take note!

aktion035.gif

Mr.242

I will need a RETAINER to continue the discussion anymore.............and/or SIX parts!

lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif Yeah, I have discussed in full detail the collector plate with my lawyer. He has told me that in the cases I drive my car I am in compliance with the law. I also have Hagerty insurance with a 3000 mile a year limit.
sixnotfour
Jon, spacers done , shocks ready . distributor ?
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif w00t.gif

Thanks Jeff.
effutuo101
Cool! Now jon can get back to work
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif mmmmmmmmmmmmm....thanks to Eric Shea beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.