Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 944 & 968 owners, Trans mount
scotty b
post May 3 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine with a mechanical shop ( Porsche ) gave me a " super trans mount " for a late 944 to put on my car. One of his customers bought it for his csar and didn't know the tiptronic tranny used a different mount so I ended up with this one. I HIGHLY recommend one of these if you plan to do anything other than daily drive your car. It eliminates the flex in the original mount. Only down side I found is it resonates the exhaust a bit more and tranfers a bit of road noise, but assuming you're dropping 224.00 for a better mount, noise is probably the least of your worries. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) Took about 2 hours to do

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...%2C%20%39%36%38

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 3 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

What advantage does this part give? There's supposed to be some flex in the mount. I have a 944T pulling about 325, and have had no problems. Just curiuos.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 3 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #3

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

This mount gets rid of ALL the deflection the stock mount has. If you drive a car with this mount you will immediately notice when entering a hard curve/corner you no longer feel the trans roll to one side then the other. It stays centerd. My only issue now is to clean up the slop at the shift handle. Not sure what to do yet, I'm thinking about a spring loaded setup to keep the handle centered under cornering. That constant flopping around pisses me off. Yes my attatchment point
( pin ) from the handle to the rod is tight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:03 PM