Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944 & 968 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine with a mechanical shop ( Porsche ) gave me a " super trans mount " for a late 944 to put on my car. One of his customers bought it for his csar and didn't know the tiptronic tranny used a different mount so I ended up with this one. I HIGHLY recommend one of these if you plan to do anything other than daily drive your car. It eliminates the flex in the original mount. Only down side I found is it resonates the exhaust a bit more and tranfers a bit of road noise, but assuming you're dropping 224.00 for a better mount, noise is probably the least of your worries. shades.gif Took about 2 hours to do

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...%2C%20%39%36%38

Mikey914
What advantage does this part give? There's supposed to be some flex in the mount. I have a 944T pulling about 325, and have had no problems. Just curiuos.
scotty b
This mount gets rid of ALL the deflection the stock mount has. If you drive a car with this mount you will immediately notice when entering a hard curve/corner you no longer feel the trans roll to one side then the other. It stays centerd. My only issue now is to clean up the slop at the shift handle. Not sure what to do yet, I'm thinking about a spring loaded setup to keep the handle centered under cornering. That constant flopping around pisses me off. Yes my attatchment point
( pin ) from the handle to the rod is tight. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.