Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT-VW Karmann Meet Today In MIchigan--Photo's--, Love those Buss's, Swap Meet Goodies & Early VW's
mangrum
post May 18 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,134

I also went and took some pics: http://s493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/m...VW%20Show%20MI/

I like the Ypsilanti venue better, but I hear that site was under water.

Cheers,
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
charliew
post May 18 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

Bugs are fun simple little cars. We are finishing up a year of struggle on a 72 super beetle that I gave my son when he was 16. I took it away because he was a drunk. It was stored under a awning on the back of my shed since about 86 or 87. We've been massaging it for a year, almost no rust, I found some under the cresent vents but that was all. One door hinge was rusty from the weather. New everything, about 3k worth. original motor(50k) resealed with ext. oil pump, spring loaded tubes, etc. New clutch, etc. He decided it was more complicated that it seemed at first to detail everything. Alpine white with blue pearl with blue interior. Wood momo wheel. The western eagle 8 spokes he had in the 80's redone, brand new tires off my 75 914. We still have a few little bugs to work out. We drove it yesterday and it develops a shimmy on braking just before it stops. We haven't checked the front end alignment yet. We could smell fuel after riding awhile. Couldn't find any leaks.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post May 18 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #23

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Great stuff! I also enjoy VW shows for their variety and generally laid back atmosphere. I went to a show last month and the first rig I saw was this 23 window bus with a period correct tent trailer. I know it was correct because it was identical to the trailer my family had when we went camping in the early 60's. Seeing it behind this bus was perfect since it only weighed a couple hundred pounds. The owner said he'd recently bought it at auction for $50!

Attached Image

Attached Image

BTW, I don't recognize this car. What is it?

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 18 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #24

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(charliew @ May 18 2009, 07:48 AM) *

Bugs are fun simple little cars. We are finishing up a year of struggle on a 72 super beetle that I gave my son when he was 16. I took it away because he was a drunk. It was stored under a awning on the back of my shed since about 86 or 87. We've been massaging it for a year, almost no rust, I found some under the cresent vents but that was all. One door hinge was rusty from the weather. New everything, about 3k worth. original motor(50k) resealed with ext. oil pump, spring loaded tubes, etc. New clutch, etc. He decided it was more complicated that it seemed at first to detail everything. Alpine white with blue pearl with blue interior. Wood momo wheel. The western eagle 8 spokes he had in the 80's redone, brand new tires off my 75 914. We still have a few little bugs to work out. We drove it yesterday and it develops a shimmy on braking just before it stops. We haven't checked the front end alignment yet. We could smell fuel after riding awhile. Couldn't find any leaks.

Hi Charliew,

I compliment you helping your son with his 72 Super Beetle project. Kids need parenteal guidance when growing up. Send me your address on my personal email & I'll send your son a nice original 8-page 1972 Super Beetle factory brochure. Good kids need tough love. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Tom
tjbliznik@ameritech.net
+Quote Post
914rrr
post May 18 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States

We need to get this in the events section and make it a annual event for the teeners. All of us get together and go to the event.

I wish we would have known about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) We would have been there.

Rob wants to know if they are hiring???? I told him he has never lived in Michigan snow. It is an experience.
+Quote Post
type2man
post May 18 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 10,127
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 18 2009, 01:33 PM) *

Great stuff! I also enjoy VW shows for their variety and generally laid back atmosphere. I went to a show last month and the first rig I saw was this 23 window bus with a period correct tent trailer. I know it was correct because it was identical to the trailer my family had when we went camping in the early 60's. Seeing it behind this bus was perfect since it only weighed a couple hundred pounds. The owner said he'd recently bought it at auction for $50!

Attached Image

Attached Image

BTW, I don't recognize this car. What is it?

Attached Image

That gold colored car is a Puma. It's Mexican or Brazilian built with a VW engine...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:05 PM