Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> '73 White 1.7 =0( **Now With Pictures!**
wrpspddrvr
post May 20 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,317
Region Association: None

Sad to say the time has come. My lovely little 914 has to go. It's been out of commission for way too long, and I can't afford to keep it up the way it deserves anymore.
It's a '73 1.7l in pretty good shape. It ran beautifully until something in the tranny went out about a year ago. I got it looked at by a shop and they said it was needing a new clutch kit. The car won't shift- I think it's the shift fork (proper term?). To be entirely honest, it's been so long since I dealt with it I'm not entirely sure.
It was in great shape before the incident with the transmission. I can see a little rust coming up under the paint to the rear of the passenger door now, though.

I paid $4000 for the car 3 years ago. Asking $1500 for it now. I just need to not have it, and need it to go to someone who's interested in making it work and be loved again.

Any questions, PM or email me.

Cole
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
nomore9one4
post May 21 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

Attached ImagePM sent
+Quote Post
pilothyer
post May 22 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,080
Region Association: South East States

Cole.....I have tried emailing you, I have tried PMing you I have sent you my phone number both ways.....I am making an attempt to try to buy your car. If you want to sell it please LMK...........Jerry
+Quote Post
wrpspddrvr
post May 28 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(pilothyer @ May 22 2009, 05:15 PM) *

Cole.....I have tried emailing you, I have tried PMing you I have sent you my phone number both ways.....I am making an attempt to try to buy your car. If you want to sell it please LMK...........Jerry

All,

I apologize for the delay. I had a bit of a busy week after the Memorial Day holiday which I spent out of town. Pictures of the car should be up tomorrow.

Cole
+Quote Post
wrpspddrvr
post May 29 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #5

Here's a picture, folks.
Foggy inside the car this morning. And that's mud underneath it there, not rust. I've got more pics of the hellhole, which is totally clear (relocated battery). Also got a pic of the little rust bit behind the passenger door and of some clutch parts.

Didn't mention it in the original post, but this is Todd G's old car. You can follow the restoration he did on it here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=36326

Cole

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gunther
post Jun 11 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #6

Racer from birth

Member No.: 10,429

Nice looking car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Is it still for sale?
+Quote Post
wrpspddrvr
post Jun 11 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Gunther @ Jun 11 2009, 09:37 AM) *

Nice looking car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Is it still for sale?

Yes sir, still for sale. Had a couple little hits, but nothing came of them. If you're interested, shoot me over a PM and we'll chat by phone soon.

Cole
+Quote Post
JazonJJordan
post Jul 11 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,446

QUOTE(wrpspddrvr @ May 20 2009, 09:29 PM) *

Sad to say the time has come. My lovely little 914 has to go. It's been out of commission for way too long, and I can't afford to keep it up the way it deserves anymore.
It's a '73 1.7l in pretty good shape. It ran beautifully until something in the tranny went out about a year ago. I got it looked at by a shop and they said it was needing a new clutch kit. The car won't shift- I think it's the shift fork (proper term?). To be entirely honest, it's been so long since I dealt with it I'm not entirely sure.
It was in great shape before the incident with the transmission. I can see a little rust coming up under the paint to the rear of the passenger door now, though.

I paid $4000 for the car 3 years ago. Asking $1500 for it now. I just need to not have it, and need it to go to someone who's interested in making it work and be loved again.

Any questions, PM or email me.

Cole

***SOLD***
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:50 PM