Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '73 White 1.7 =0( **Now With Pictures!**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
wrpspddrvr
Sad to say the time has come. My lovely little 914 has to go. It's been out of commission for way too long, and I can't afford to keep it up the way it deserves anymore.
It's a '73 1.7l in pretty good shape. It ran beautifully until something in the tranny went out about a year ago. I got it looked at by a shop and they said it was needing a new clutch kit. The car won't shift- I think it's the shift fork (proper term?). To be entirely honest, it's been so long since I dealt with it I'm not entirely sure.
It was in great shape before the incident with the transmission. I can see a little rust coming up under the paint to the rear of the passenger door now, though.

I paid $4000 for the car 3 years ago. Asking $1500 for it now. I just need to not have it, and need it to go to someone who's interested in making it work and be loved again.

Any questions, PM or email me.

Cole
nomore9one4
Click to view attachmentPM sent
pilothyer
Cole.....I have tried emailing you, I have tried PMing you I have sent you my phone number both ways.....I am making an attempt to try to buy your car. If you want to sell it please LMK...........Jerry
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE(pilothyer @ May 22 2009, 05:15 PM) *

Cole.....I have tried emailing you, I have tried PMing you I have sent you my phone number both ways.....I am making an attempt to try to buy your car. If you want to sell it please LMK...........Jerry

All,

I apologize for the delay. I had a bit of a busy week after the Memorial Day holiday which I spent out of town. Pictures of the car should be up tomorrow.

Cole
wrpspddrvr
Here's a picture, folks.
Foggy inside the car this morning. And that's mud underneath it there, not rust. I've got more pics of the hellhole, which is totally clear (relocated battery). Also got a pic of the little rust bit behind the passenger door and of some clutch parts.

Didn't mention it in the original post, but this is Todd G's old car. You can follow the restoration he did on it here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=36326

Cole
Gunther
Nice looking car. biggrin.gif
Is it still for sale?
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE(Gunther @ Jun 11 2009, 09:37 AM) *

Nice looking car. biggrin.gif
Is it still for sale?

Yes sir, still for sale. Had a couple little hits, but nothing came of them. If you're interested, shoot me over a PM and we'll chat by phone soon.

Cole
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(wrpspddrvr @ May 20 2009, 09:29 PM) *

Sad to say the time has come. My lovely little 914 has to go. It's been out of commission for way too long, and I can't afford to keep it up the way it deserves anymore.
It's a '73 1.7l in pretty good shape. It ran beautifully until something in the tranny went out about a year ago. I got it looked at by a shop and they said it was needing a new clutch kit. The car won't shift- I think it's the shift fork (proper term?). To be entirely honest, it's been so long since I dealt with it I'm not entirely sure.
It was in great shape before the incident with the transmission. I can see a little rust coming up under the paint to the rear of the passenger door now, though.

I paid $4000 for the car 3 years ago. Asking $1500 for it now. I just need to not have it, and need it to go to someone who's interested in making it work and be loved again.

Any questions, PM or email me.

Cole

***SOLD***
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.