Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We are beeping!, Horn malfunction
Ian Stott
post May 25 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

OK, my cool mechanic and I can stop feeling like we know what we are doing, car runs great but we have messed up with the horn. When I brake it beeps, which of course happens at the most embarrassing times, glad I didn't come on a motorcycle gang or a mountie in a bad mood! Could some one post an expanded view or something similiar so we can try and find our error??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orange914
post May 25 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #2

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 25 2009, 05:42 PM) *

OK, my cool mechanic and I can stop feeling like we know what we are doing, car runs great but we have messed up with the horn. When I brake it beeps, which of course happens at the most embarrassing times, glad I didn't come on a motorcycle gang or a mountie in a bad mood! Could some one post an expanded view or something similiar so we can try and find our error??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

is your horn button "loose"? i've seen that cause the horn to make contact and beep under different conditions
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post May 25 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

No, but I have all new parts from AA including 2 new horns (original ones didn't beep anymore) which we installed but my mech. left out the plunger and the rubber thing as he had it beeping so he moved on to changing the springs. A exploded view of how it goes together would be extemely helpful.

Ian Stott
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 02:46 AM