Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We are beeping!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
OK, my cool mechanic and I can stop feeling like we know what we are doing, car runs great but we have messed up with the horn. When I brake it beeps, which of course happens at the most embarrassing times, glad I didn't come on a motorcycle gang or a mountie in a bad mood! Could some one post an expanded view or something similiar so we can try and find our error??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
orange914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 25 2009, 05:42 PM) *

OK, my cool mechanic and I can stop feeling like we know what we are doing, car runs great but we have messed up with the horn. When I brake it beeps, which of course happens at the most embarrassing times, glad I didn't come on a motorcycle gang or a mountie in a bad mood! Could some one post an expanded view or something similiar so we can try and find our error??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

is your horn button "loose"? i've seen that cause the horn to make contact and beep under different conditions
Ian Stott
No, but I have all new parts from AA including 2 new horns (original ones didn't beep anymore) which we installed but my mech. left out the plunger and the rubber thing as he had it beeping so he moved on to changing the springs. A exploded view of how it goes together would be extemely helpful.

Ian Stott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.