Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where to have hubs and rotors redrilled for 5 lug?
barada
post May 26 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,613
Region Association: None

Anyone know of any good places to have the 4 lug hubs and rotors redrilled to 5 lug? I am swapping mine now and would prefer to have the ones that were on the car redrilled for back ups or to recoup money. Already did the rear.Also I got a 69 911 rear hub set up that I need advice on. It seems to have came with the stub axle but I got confused and did not use it. Will post pics later.
Car now
(IMG:http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk392/phillipkj/HPIM1281.jpg)

Thanks
Phillip
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post May 26 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

Ideally you will find a machine shop that has a mill with an indexing head (and a machinist that knows how to use it).
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 26 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

PMB Performance
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 27 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #4

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Phillip,
You will want to be careful showing pics of your car with a garbage can in the background. You would not believe the crap I got for this one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 27 2009, 07:41 AM
Post #5

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

At least his pic is more 914 than garbage can... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'd just take them to a local machine shop.
+Quote Post
barada
post May 27 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #6

Does it count if it is my GF's house instead of mine?
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post May 27 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031

First let me say that lots of people have redrilled the bolt patterns. I don't like it since it weakens the hub/rotor (although I have done it) If you re-drill the fronts, what happens when the rotors are shot? You pay again..... With that said, save your money and put it towards a 911 5 lug setup. You never regret doing it right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif)
+Quote Post
6freak
post May 28 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #8

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 27 2009, 12:25 AM) *

Phillip,
You will want to be careful showing pics of your car with a garbage can in the background. You would not believe the crap I got for this one... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

I dont think thats a garbage can CDodger ..looks like a ginormous moroso hood scope (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
underthetire
post May 28 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #9

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 26 2009, 09:27 PM) *

Ideally you will find a machine shop that has a mill with an indexing head (and a machinist that knows how to use it).

A mill with an indexing head?? Hell, its hard to find a shop with manual equipment anymore, let alone someone that can actually use it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
johnnie5
post May 28 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #10

914 lover

Member No.: 9,644
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(McMark @ May 26 2009, 10:11 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 28 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #11

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(Gint @ May 27 2009, 05:41 AM) *

At least his pic is more 914 than garbage can... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'd just take them to a local machine shop.

Good news for you garbage can critics... My driveway is about 100 yards long and up a hill with a pretty good grade. Nicho, whos job it is to bring the garbage down to the curb and bring the containers back after the county empties them is a typical 11 year old. He has devised a way to make life easier on himself. He waits until he and Yopu are coming home from somewhere and then has her stop at the end of the driveway. He then hooks the garbage can handle to the trailer hitch and has Yopu haul it up the hill.... Pretty ingenious until you consider that most 11 year olds cannot finish a job. So last night, I came home to find the 4Runner parked in the driveway with a garbage can hanging from the trailer hitch. I had just done the grocery shopping so I had groceries to haul in and when I did, I mentioned to Yopu that she should remind Nicho in the morning to take the garbage can off the trailer hitch. She did, he didn't... So she calls me this afternoon all in a panic because she apparently was driving and had all kinds of people chasing her and motioning towards the back of the car. She did not stop though... Damned kidnappers aren't going to get her! Just then, the garbage can starts doing cartwheels down the street behind her tearing itself to bits. She wants to know what to do? Get the hell out of there I said! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
barada
post May 29 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ May 27 2009, 11:45 PM) *

First let me say that lots of people have redrilled the bolt patterns. I don't like it since it weakens the hub/rotor (although I have done it) If you re-drill the fronts, what happens when the rotors are shot? You pay again..... With that said, save your money and put it towards a 911 5 lug setup. You never regret doing it right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif)

In time I will go with 911 set up on the front, just right now the fact that I could buy them and recoup sounded appealing. I have a ton of money changing things in the green 911 and was trying not to start spending gobs of money on the 914. Plus it needed tires and I am not a fan of the 15 fuchs.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:40 PM