Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to have hubs and rotors redrilled for 5 lug?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barada
Anyone know of any good places to have the 4 lug hubs and rotors redrilled to 5 lug? I am swapping mine now and would prefer to have the ones that were on the car redrilled for back ups or to recoup money. Already did the rear.Also I got a 69 911 rear hub set up that I need advice on. It seems to have came with the stub axle but I got confused and did not use it. Will post pics later.
Car now
IPB Image

Thanks
Phillip
SLITS
Ideally you will find a machine shop that has a mill with an indexing head (and a machinist that knows how to use it).
McMark
PMB Performance
ConeDodger
Phillip,
You will want to be careful showing pics of your car with a garbage can in the background. You would not believe the crap I got for this one... lol-2.gif
Gint
At least his pic is more 914 than garbage can... beerchug.gif

I'd just take them to a local machine shop.
barada
Does it count if it is my GF's house instead of mine?
PRS914-6
First let me say that lots of people have redrilled the bolt patterns. I don't like it since it weakens the hub/rotor (although I have done it) If you re-drill the fronts, what happens when the rotors are shot? You pay again..... With that said, save your money and put it towards a 911 5 lug setup. You never regret doing it right hide.gif
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 27 2009, 12:25 AM) *

Phillip,
You will want to be careful showing pics of your car with a garbage can in the background. You would not believe the crap I got for this one... lol-2.gif

I dont think thats a garbage can CDodger ..looks like a ginormous moroso hood scope WTF.gif av-943.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 26 2009, 09:27 PM) *

Ideally you will find a machine shop that has a mill with an indexing head (and a machinist that knows how to use it).

A mill with an indexing head?? Hell, its hard to find a shop with manual equipment anymore, let alone someone that can actually use it! chair.gif
johnnie5
QUOTE(McMark @ May 26 2009, 10:11 PM) *

agree.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ May 27 2009, 05:41 AM) *

At least his pic is more 914 than garbage can... beerchug.gif

I'd just take them to a local machine shop.

Good news for you garbage can critics... My driveway is about 100 yards long and up a hill with a pretty good grade. Nicho, whos job it is to bring the garbage down to the curb and bring the containers back after the county empties them is a typical 11 year old. He has devised a way to make life easier on himself. He waits until he and Yopu are coming home from somewhere and then has her stop at the end of the driveway. He then hooks the garbage can handle to the trailer hitch and has Yopu haul it up the hill.... Pretty ingenious until you consider that most 11 year olds cannot finish a job. So last night, I came home to find the 4Runner parked in the driveway with a garbage can hanging from the trailer hitch. I had just done the grocery shopping so I had groceries to haul in and when I did, I mentioned to Yopu that she should remind Nicho in the morning to take the garbage can off the trailer hitch. She did, he didn't... So she calls me this afternoon all in a panic because she apparently was driving and had all kinds of people chasing her and motioning towards the back of the car. She did not stop though... Damned kidnappers aren't going to get her! Just then, the garbage can starts doing cartwheels down the street behind her tearing itself to bits. She wants to know what to do? Get the hell out of there I said! biggrin.gif lol-2.gif
barada
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ May 27 2009, 11:45 PM) *

First let me say that lots of people have redrilled the bolt patterns. I don't like it since it weakens the hub/rotor (although I have done it) If you re-drill the fronts, what happens when the rotors are shot? You pay again..... With that said, save your money and put it towards a 911 5 lug setup. You never regret doing it right hide.gif

In time I will go with 911 set up on the front, just right now the fact that I could buy them and recoup sounded appealing. I have a ton of money changing things in the green 911 and was trying not to start spending gobs of money on the 914. Plus it needed tires and I am not a fan of the 15 fuchs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.