Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> using 911 rear solid rotors on a 914-6?
thesey914
post May 28 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 66

Is it possible to run these with stock callipers? I had it in my mind that early 911 rears are similar to the 914-6 rears.
I know the 911 has internal parking brake shoes but I thought the actual braking surface with essentially the same?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Project 6
post May 28 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #2

large member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51
Region Association: None

QUOTE(thesey914 @ May 28 2009, 07:45 AM) *

Is it possible to run these with stock callipers? I had it in my mind that early 911 rears are similar to the 914-6 rears.
I know the 911 has internal parking brake shoes but I thought the actual braking surface with essentially the same?

Which stock calipers? /4 or /6? And why would you want to?

/6 rotors are easy to find. They are used on most if not all five lug conversions. /4 calipers will work with a little bit of effort and will take /6 solid and vented ones as well. The vented rears will need a spacer between the caliper halves.

The expert on brakes is Eric at PMBPerformance.com

His Momz dresses him funny but he's a good guy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post May 28 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(thesey914 @ May 28 2009, 07:45 AM) *

you could but the offset is different so you would have to space the calipers with washers. I would just buy original six rear rotors commonly available for 95.00 each and install those
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 12:36 AM