Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: using 911 rear solid rotors on a 914-6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Is it possible to run these with stock callipers? I had it in my mind that early 911 rears are similar to the 914-6 rears.
I know the 911 has internal parking brake shoes but I thought the actual braking surface with essentially the same?
Project 6
QUOTE(thesey914 @ May 28 2009, 07:45 AM) *

Is it possible to run these with stock callipers? I had it in my mind that early 911 rears are similar to the 914-6 rears.
I know the 911 has internal parking brake shoes but I thought the actual braking surface with essentially the same?

Which stock calipers? /4 or /6? And why would you want to?

/6 rotors are easy to find. They are used on most if not all five lug conversions. /4 calipers will work with a little bit of effort and will take /6 solid and vented ones as well. The vented rears will need a spacer between the caliper halves.

The expert on brakes is Eric at PMBPerformance.com

His Momz dresses him funny but he's a good guy. cheer.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thesey914 @ May 28 2009, 07:45 AM) *

you could but the offset is different so you would have to space the calipers with washers. I would just buy original six rear rotors commonly available for 95.00 each and install those
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.