Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Tangerine Dream gets Camber Boxes, I had to do it
ChrisFoley
post Jun 4 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #1

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

My race car is just about ready for painting and reassembly but I got this bug in my head that I needed to install camber boxes and go coil-over to increase the front spring rate. I'd been holding back because of possible interference with my custom fuel cell.
Besides, what better way to showcase one of our top level racing products, and my teammate's car is already way more sophisticated than mine. I can't have him beating me, after all he is a novice, lol.

All my doubts about fuel cell clearance were put to rest with a few measurements.
They do interfere, but not enough to be a real problem.
So we proceeded today, and did a nearly complete installation.
Actually, Genaro did it pretty much solo, except for me making sure the exact positioning met my requirements.
The angle of the top surface needs to be very nearly perpendicular to the strut, within a degree or so, and I want the top of the strut to nearly hit the underside of the deck lid to get maximum available shock travel.
This angle is challenging to set up with the odd shape of the car in this area.

Here are a few pictures:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jun 4 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 4 2009, 04:55 PM) *

My race car is just about ready for painting and reassembly but I got this bug in my head that I needed to install camber boxes and go coil-over to increase the front spring rate. I'd been holding back because of possible interference with my custom fuel cell.
Besides, what better way to showcase one of our top level racing products, and my teammate's car is already way more sophisticated than mine. I can't have him beating me, after all he is a novice, lol.

All my doubts about fuel cell clearance were put to rest with a few measurements.
They do interfere, but not enough to be a real problem.
So we proceeded today, and did a nearly complete installation.
Actually, Genaro did it pretty much solo, except for me making sure the exact positioning met my requirements.
The angle of the top surface needs to be very nearly perpendicular to the strut, within a degree or so, and I want the top of the strut to nearly hit the underside of the deck lid to get maximum available shock travel.
This angle is challenging to set up with the odd shape of the car in this area.

Here are a few pictures:

Very nice.
+Quote Post
tomburdge
post Jun 9 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,576

Been there,done that.....but it took me slightly more then a day,or two,or three.

Tom B.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 06:01 AM