Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.7L FI on 2.0L, trying to figure out what the PO did ????
thompson-mfr
post Jun 17 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Thompson, Ryan

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,598
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Calling all FI genius'

I have a 74 2.0 factory FI (or so I thought) with green 2.0 injectors. I know the motor is 2.0 factory no question there.

Can't get the full Bosch part number off of the FI Brain. Not stamped in the back metal like others I have see. It has a sticker that is partly worn off. The part of the sticker still there is really bright and BROWN in color.

The MPS is a 0 280 100 019 022 906 051A which I have heard could be a 1.7l replacement or from a 411/412 or even type 3 ???????

THE QUESTION: Has anyone heard of using a 1.7L D-jet setup on a 2.0? The MPS may have been adjusted as the stuff on the aduster looks tampered with.

Just removed the FI brain and wires to check the wire integrity. I noticed that the thermo time switch harness had been extended (PO used the existing wire connector then plugged into that with wire and used another connector to extend it.

My fuel pressure, up until recently when I checked it, has always been a little low like 26-27lbs. Now adjusted to 29-30lbs
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:32 AM