Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Where in the World is Wallys914?, How Do I Contact Him
warrenoliver
post Jun 17 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,199
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Anyone know how to get ahold of Wallys914? I am trying to buy the ignition switch in the Classifieds "Wallys Garage Sale". I have left several PM's and tried to email him also - no response. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
Is he still around? As far as I can tell, he was last active on the board May 3, 2009.
I need a new switch, not just the plastic part, I need the entire switch assembly. My switch doesn't seem turn turn quite far enough to get the starter to kick in. I usually can get it started if I keep trying and wiggle the key while pushing in hard. FWIW, car is a 73, 2.0 with FI.
I have just tried a new plastic switch from Pelican and I can't get that one to work at all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
I will put a WTB in the classified and hopefully locate a good used one or better yet, NOS if I can find one.

Warrenoliver
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
computers4kids
post Jun 18 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Jun 17 2009, 07:36 PM) *

I need a new switch, not just the plastic part, I need the entire switch assembly.
Warrenoliver

Take your ignition switch to your local bug shop. They can sell you an entire new switch with keys that that will work perfectly. The only downside is the key is not a porsche key. I put one in my 74 and worked like OEM.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:39 PM