Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where in the World is Wallys914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warrenoliver
Anyone know how to get ahold of Wallys914? I am trying to buy the ignition switch in the Classifieds "Wallys Garage Sale". I have left several PM's and tried to email him also - no response. WTF.gif
Is he still around? As far as I can tell, he was last active on the board May 3, 2009.
I need a new switch, not just the plastic part, I need the entire switch assembly. My switch doesn't seem turn turn quite far enough to get the starter to kick in. I usually can get it started if I keep trying and wiggle the key while pushing in hard. FWIW, car is a 73, 2.0 with FI.
I have just tried a new plastic switch from Pelican and I can't get that one to work at all. chair.gif
I will put a WTB in the classified and hopefully locate a good used one or better yet, NOS if I can find one.

Warrenoliver
computers4kids
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Jun 17 2009, 07:36 PM) *

I need a new switch, not just the plastic part, I need the entire switch assembly.
Warrenoliver

Take your ignition switch to your local bug shop. They can sell you an entire new switch with keys that that will work perfectly. The only downside is the key is not a porsche key. I put one in my 74 and worked like OEM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.