Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Retractable Seat Belt, anyone try these from eBay?
astronomerdave
post Jun 19 2009, 02:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,979
Region Association: Southern California

Has anyone tried these retractable seat belts for sale on eBay, being sold by "Car Parts Wholesale"? See item number 250431881221 for example.

I used to be quite content with my fixed/manual-adjust stock belts but now I find that I'm giving rides to various people and it has been quite a nuisance. So I'd like the convenience of the retract but at least I know my current belts will stay in place. It's a potentially life-saving device that could fail to lock up when needed, if it's a cheap piece of junk.

--Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
Larouex
post Jun 19 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #2

Larouex

Member No.: 9,339
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I installed a set of these a couple weeks back. I left in and used the existing clasps as the ones that come with kit are too long. I removed the plastic cover and threw that away, I then cut off the top of the bracket (1/4 inch or so) to make it fit snuggly and put some material from an extra backing pad I had. They work well and I wanted new belts.

I believe there is someone on the forum here who can refurb your 914 belts if you want to stay stock.

These belts on EBay do not fit our cars as a direct replacement, you have to hack them a bit to make them work.

+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Jun 19 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #3

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

good bang for the buck
...what Larry said.
+Quote Post
Grimstead
post Jun 19 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #4

Cheaky Monkey

Member No.: 3,789
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(astronomerdave @ Jun 19 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Has anyone tried these retractable seat belts for sale on eBay, being sold by "Car Parts Wholesale"? See item number 250431881221 for example.

I used to be quite content with my fixed/manual-adjust stock belts but now I find that I'm giving rides to various people and it has been quite a nuisance. So I'd like the convenience of the retract but at least I know my current belts will stay in place. It's a potentially life-saving device that could fail to lock up when needed, if it's a cheap piece of junk.

--Dave

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SUNAB914
post Jun 19 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,880
Region Association: South East States

If its the same, I think I reconize the name of the company, they will work, but the bottom parts will be a little too long and the belt won't retract all the way either. $90.00 for these or $300.00 or more for original, take your pic.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:40 AM