Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retractable Seat Belt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
astronomerdave
Has anyone tried these retractable seat belts for sale on eBay, being sold by "Car Parts Wholesale"? See item number 250431881221 for example.

I used to be quite content with my fixed/manual-adjust stock belts but now I find that I'm giving rides to various people and it has been quite a nuisance. So I'd like the convenience of the retract but at least I know my current belts will stay in place. It's a potentially life-saving device that could fail to lock up when needed, if it's a cheap piece of junk.

--Dave
Larouex
I installed a set of these a couple weeks back. I left in and used the existing clasps as the ones that come with kit are too long. I removed the plastic cover and threw that away, I then cut off the top of the bracket (1/4 inch or so) to make it fit snuggly and put some material from an extra backing pad I had. They work well and I wanted new belts.

I believe there is someone on the forum here who can refurb your 914 belts if you want to stay stock.

These belts on EBay do not fit our cars as a direct replacement, you have to hack them a bit to make them work.

sean_v8_914
good bang for the buck
...what Larry said.
Grimstead
QUOTE(astronomerdave @ Jun 19 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Has anyone tried these retractable seat belts for sale on eBay, being sold by "Car Parts Wholesale"? See item number 250431881221 for example.

I used to be quite content with my fixed/manual-adjust stock belts but now I find that I'm giving rides to various people and it has been quite a nuisance. So I'd like the convenience of the retract but at least I know my current belts will stay in place. It's a potentially life-saving device that could fail to lock up when needed, if it's a cheap piece of junk.

--Dave

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
biggrin.gif
SUNAB914
If its the same, I think I reconize the name of the company, they will work, but the bottom parts will be a little too long and the belt won't retract all the way either. $90.00 for these or $300.00 or more for original, take your pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.