Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Suggestions on best way to reinstall brake reservoir lines?
ChrisFix
post Jun 19 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,707

Hi,
I'm replacing my master cylinder with a new ATE 17mm...in reading up on how to do this, it seems the one difficult step is re-installing the reservoir lines. What are the "best practices" for doing this from you seasoned pros?

In looking over the new MC, I noticed if I removed the rubber boot for the reservoir line, there is a small washer under it that easily gets out of place and prevents the boot from re-seating properly...so it would seem that pulling the boot out and putting over the reservoir line and then inserting the line with the boot attached might be problematic...

Anyway, I need to get this done today and not spend the entire afternoon fighting with it, so any suggestions from those who have already fought (and won) this battle would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:02 AM