Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT.. Major 914 haters seem common
buhs914
post Jun 23 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #1

Not So Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,478
Region Association: Southwest Region

Am i the only one who noticed this phenomena? I always see people on forums bashing the 914 with insults like: "it's a slow crappy car" or "it's hideous" or even "my Honda Civic is faster than a 914". Comments like those make me want to bash some skulls (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) or at least show up the Civic dude in a race haha. i think that it's just plain ignorance on their part, but it still aggravates me..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dlo914
post Jun 23 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #2

Whatchu' lookin' at?!?!

Member No.: 2,697

Why are you letting teenagers and their Japanese econo-boxes get to you? They're a dime a dozen and depreciating by the day, while our cars are increasing in value and are collectibles. At least we don't have to worry about Smog checks (except the 76 guys).
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jun 23 2009, 05:40 AM
Post #3

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238
Region Association: None

Bullies.

Some people are unable to derive a sense of self-worth from within themselves. They seek that sense of self-worth by coming together with like-minded individuals. Whenever they knock somebody else down a notch, they pat each other on the back and tell themselves that they are somehow superior.

Oh, and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 23 2009, 07:03 AM
Post #4

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

The 914 is not everyone's cup of tea.

But any car with a 1.7 litre that can put that look of discust on a Vett owners face at the bottom of a canyon, is worth putting up with. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 23 2009, 07:13 AM
Post #5

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

If it bothers you, get off the ricer forums.

The forums where I have shown off my build have been very appreciative. I get the "Nice VW" thing a lot, but it is mostly tongue in cheek. Seems that people that know cars have a lot of respect for the 914 - or the forums I frequent tend toward ricer intolerance.

Zach
+Quote Post
dflesburg
post Jun 23 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,896

When you get older (like me), loose some hair, forget what its like to have a woman look at you with a twinkle in her eye, forget about all those dreams of being rich, good looking and popular... have lost some good friends to disease or just logistics, lost jobs you really liked due to no fault of your own. Once you have suffered enough of lifes hard knocks and disappointments....

You hopefully will come to a place where you can raise your middle finger at them all and enjoy your car if you want to.

Can any of you relate to the little girl in the bumble bee suit in that Blind Melon video?

I do.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7763324546201298850

Isn't that why you came here in the first place?

(and maybe someday we will find women with nice legs that want to hold our hands simply because they like us, but probably not so in the mean time we drive our ugly wierd little cars and hope the spare parts and gas last until after we die.)
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Jun 23 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

My young son belongs to that Honda Civic crowd and when a bunch of them are around thet walk right past each others cars to come and see the 914. Comments like "Dude your Dad has got a nice ride!" are not uncommon. People who make negative comments are very rare and it always seems to be a blatant case of jealousy. I love my car, and for those who appreciate it we always have a good chat, those that wish to put it down, which is extremely rare I don't spend any time with them nor do I let them rent space in my head.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jun 23 2009, 07:40 AM
Post #8

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) at least they got the make and model right.

Our cars will drive faster than theirs, and the cops will still pull the riced up batmobile over, every time.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
ericread
post Jun 23 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #9

The Viper Blue 914

Member No.: 8,432
Region Association: Southern California

I tend to get a lot of really positive comments about my teener. In fact, maybe I'm not paying very good attention, but I don't remember a time where someone has talked down to me about my car.

And finally no; I really don't relate to the little girl in the bumble bee suit in that Blind Melon video... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Eric Read
+Quote Post
Cupomeat
post Jun 23 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #10

missing my NY 914 in VA

Member No.: 8,376

Just remember that Hate and Love are not opposite, generally, they are very close.

And I don't believe that you can ever forget what it is like for a woman to look at you with a twinkle in her eye.

As for bumblebee girl metaphor, it is a common and good one, and in many ways, this forum is the gated field for a bunch of misfits.

to close, besides my Mailman and an old teacher in school, everyone loves my teener.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 23 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #11

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Not a problem I have noticed... But if it keeps up, race them... and include a corner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) That should get you the respect you want. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post Jun 23 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #12

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jun 23 2009, 06:29 AM) *

When you get older (like me), loose some hair, forget what its like to have a woman look at you with a twinkle in her eye, forget about all those dreams of being rich, good looking and popular... have lost some good friends to disease or just logistics, lost jobs you really liked due to no fault of your own. Once you have suffered enough of lifes hard knocks and disappointments....

You hopefully will come to a place where you can raise your middle finger at them all and enjoy your car if you want to.

Can any of you relate to the little girl in the bumble bee suit in that Blind Melon video?

I do.

(and maybe someday we will find women with nice legs that want to hold our hands simply because they like us, but probably not so in the mean time we drive our ugly wierd little cars and hope the spare parts and gas last until after we die.)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

While age has it's drawbacks it certainly brings more patience to that kind of BS. On the other hand I have to admit that after several attempts of the ricers trying to street race me, I thoroughly enjoy blowing their doors off in short order. That's the fun of a 914, they are all convinced you have a VW. What's worse than having a VW blow your doors off?. And the good news.....I rarely take my 914 out without receiving a positive comment. How many ricers can say that?
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Jun 23 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #13

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Member No.: 4,523
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jun 23 2009, 09:29 AM) *

I do.

Excellent post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Zundfolge
post Jun 23 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,994
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 23 2009, 06:13 AM) *

I get the "Nice VW" thing a lot, but it is mostly tongue in cheek.

Could be worse, could be "Nice Fiat".
+Quote Post
Project 6
post Jun 23 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #15

large member

Member No.: 51

She grew up.

(IMG:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kKpJRdXfZuA/SDl_TFiuX0I/AAAAAAAACwY/w--Sgeg_aVc/s400/bumble%20bee%20one%20piece%20stinger_jpg.jpg)
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jun 23 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #16

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696

QUOTE(Project 6 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:52 AM) *

She grew up.

but, can you make her dance ??
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 23 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #17

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I'm more afraid of the potential for a cell phone toting soccer mom in the giant SUV hitting me and the cheap insurance company that will "handle" it.

+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jun 23 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #18

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 23 2009, 12:43 PM) *

I'm more afraid of the potential for a cell phone toting soccer mom in the giant SUV hitting me and the cheap insurance company that will "handle" it.

You don't have an agreed value policy on the Porsche?
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 23 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #19

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Project 6 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:52 AM) *

She grew up.

but, can you make her dance ??

Please?
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Jun 23 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

Can't expect everyone to like your car. I can't say anything because I rip on peoples cars just as bad.

Friend traded in his lotus exige for a nissan GTR. I don't care how fast it is he bought a overpriced commuter car in my book.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:54 AM