Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> Need a set of steel rockers
ghuff
post Jun 30 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #1

This is certainly not what I expected down here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,389
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Need a set of steel rockers for my 75. I do not care if they are ugly, just as long as they are solid. Mine were rotted through then fiberglassed and bondo'd back together (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Close to MD would be nice, or within a reasonable distance. Shipping these would certainly suck.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 10)
dflesburg
post Jul 1 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,896
Region Association: None

john used to make these.

look under member vendors
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 1 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

I've got a set (both metal & F/G), if you can't find a set near you. I don't think shipping would be that bad.

T.C.
+Quote Post
ghuff
post Jul 1 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 1 2009, 11:31 AM) *

I've got a set (both metal & F/G), if you can't find a set near you. I don't think shipping would be that bad.

T.C.

Thanks man. I will keep this in mind. How much would you want for them shipped to 21046? UPS ground with lots of bubblewrap may be reasonable.

Worse case scenario I will grab them from you.

What kind of shape are the fiberglass ones in? Any paint on them, any of the mounting holes drilled for the fenders and door sill?

The more I think about it the more I like the weight savings of fiberglass.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jul 1 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #5

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 1 2009, 11:36 AM) *

T.C.

Thanks man. I will keep this in mind. How much would you want for them shipped to 21046? UPS ground with lots of bubblewrap may be reasonable.

What kind of shape are the fiberglass ones in? Any paint on them, any of the mounting holes drilled for the fenders and door sill?

Just a suggestion if you ship thm is to but a fence board in between them and bind them tight. They love to throw heavy packages on top of long fragile packages and bend the crap out of them. I have seen it hapen too often.
Bruce
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 1 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #6

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 1 2009, 03:36 PM) *

T.C.

I will get them out and take some pictures now that there might be some interest. I know where they are and not that hard to get to, but we had over 4 inches of rain today and more expected tomorrow.

USPS is more reasonable pricewise, I just shipped valances to Chicago & Portugal and they do very well. FedEx is better on oversize stuff, like the bumper I just shipped to CA. If we do it, they will be packed securely

T.C.
+Quote Post
ghuff
post Jul 1 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 1 2009, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 1 2009, 03:36 PM) *

T.C.

I will get them out and take some pictures now that there might be some interest. I know where they are and not that hard to get to, but we had over 4 inches of rain today and more expected tomorrow.

USPS is more reasonable pricewise, I just shipped valances to Chicago & Portugal and they do very well. FedEx is better on oversize stuff, like the bumper I just shipped to CA. If we do it, they will be packed securely

T.C.

Yeah no rush, you know? I have plenty to do still (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) USPS is fine. It is a monsoon here right now as well!

Thankfully my 914 is in a carport under a ridiculously priced car cover that sheds water well.

I need to get the floors por-15'd and the bodywork done so it can be closed from moisture totally while outdoors this summer
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 2 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #8

Racer from Birth

It's raining again, but when I woke up it wasn't, so I seized the moment and took some pictures.

1st, The Fiberglass - they look real nice, black gelcoat, they have holes drilled for fitment but do not look like they were run on a car

T.C.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 2 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #9

Racer from Birth

2nd, The Metal - Have definately been run and have grime & dirt on them (I will clean them up before I would ship) One end has a bend, which I think can easily be bent back and some surface rust. The underside picture shows alot of red on the panel to the rear. That is Red Clay, not rust.

Like I said I would clean these up before shipping. I could go as far as stripping them down to metal as I have a sand blaster.

T.C.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Jul 5 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 2 2009, 10:23 AM) *

2nd, The Metal - Have definately been run and have grime & dirt on them (I will clean them up before I would ship) One end has a bend, which I think can easily be bent back and some surface rust. The underside picture shows alot of red on the panel to the rear. That is Red Clay, not rust.

Like I said I would clean these up before shipping. I could go as far as stripping them down to metal as I have a sand blaster.

T.C.

Hi TC,

Keep me in mind if the ghuff deal falls through. I need a set for the newest project.

Thanks a miilion!
+Quote Post
ghuff
post Jul 18 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #11

I missed this somehow, but came back to this forum to find this thread specifically since I need rockers heh.

I am interested in the metal set. I will send you a PM!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:30 AM