Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a set of steel rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ghuff
Need a set of steel rockers for my 75. I do not care if they are ugly, just as long as they are solid. Mine were rotted through then fiberglassed and bondo'd back together sad.gif

Close to MD would be nice, or within a reasonable distance. Shipping these would certainly suck.
dflesburg
john used to make these.

look under member vendors
carr914
I've got a set (both metal & F/G), if you can't find a set near you. I don't think shipping would be that bad.

T.C.
ghuff
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 1 2009, 11:31 AM) *

I've got a set (both metal & F/G), if you can't find a set near you. I don't think shipping would be that bad.

T.C.

Thanks man. I will keep this in mind. How much would you want for them shipped to 21046? UPS ground with lots of bubblewrap may be reasonable.

Worse case scenario I will grab them from you.

What kind of shape are the fiberglass ones in? Any paint on them, any of the mounting holes drilled for the fenders and door sill?

The more I think about it the more I like the weight savings of fiberglass.
bdstone914
QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 1 2009, 11:36 AM) *

T.C.

Thanks man. I will keep this in mind. How much would you want for them shipped to 21046? UPS ground with lots of bubblewrap may be reasonable.

What kind of shape are the fiberglass ones in? Any paint on them, any of the mounting holes drilled for the fenders and door sill?

Just a suggestion if you ship thm is to but a fence board in between them and bind them tight. They love to throw heavy packages on top of long fragile packages and bend the crap out of them. I have seen it hapen too often.
Bruce
carr914
QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 1 2009, 03:36 PM) *

T.C.

I will get them out and take some pictures now that there might be some interest. I know where they are and not that hard to get to, but we had over 4 inches of rain today and more expected tomorrow.

USPS is more reasonable pricewise, I just shipped valances to Chicago & Portugal and they do very well. FedEx is better on oversize stuff, like the bumper I just shipped to CA. If we do it, they will be packed securely

T.C.
ghuff
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 1 2009, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 1 2009, 03:36 PM) *

T.C.

I will get them out and take some pictures now that there might be some interest. I know where they are and not that hard to get to, but we had over 4 inches of rain today and more expected tomorrow.

USPS is more reasonable pricewise, I just shipped valances to Chicago & Portugal and they do very well. FedEx is better on oversize stuff, like the bumper I just shipped to CA. If we do it, they will be packed securely

T.C.

Yeah no rush, you know? I have plenty to do still smile.gif USPS is fine. It is a monsoon here right now as well!

Thankfully my 914 is in a carport under a ridiculously priced car cover that sheds water well.

I need to get the floors por-15'd and the bodywork done so it can be closed from moisture totally while outdoors this summer
carr914
It's raining again, but when I woke up it wasn't, so I seized the moment and took some pictures.

1st, The Fiberglass - they look real nice, black gelcoat, they have holes drilled for fitment but do not look like they were run on a car

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
2nd, The Metal - Have definately been run and have grime & dirt on them (I will clean them up before I would ship) One end has a bend, which I think can easily be bent back and some surface rust. The underside picture shows alot of red on the panel to the rear. That is Red Clay, not rust.

Like I said I would clean these up before shipping. I could go as far as stripping them down to metal as I have a sand blaster.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 2 2009, 10:23 AM) *

2nd, The Metal - Have definately been run and have grime & dirt on them (I will clean them up before I would ship) One end has a bend, which I think can easily be bent back and some surface rust. The underside picture shows alot of red on the panel to the rear. That is Red Clay, not rust.

Like I said I would clean these up before shipping. I could go as far as stripping them down to metal as I have a sand blaster.

T.C.

Hi TC,

Keep me in mind if the ghuff deal falls through. I need a set for the newest project.

Thanks a miilion!
ghuff
I missed this somehow, but came back to this forum to find this thread specifically since I need rockers heh.

I am interested in the metal set. I will send you a PM!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.