Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1974 914 - 1.8 to a 2.0 just got this engine, these hose's are driveing me crazy
Tman914
post Jul 4 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,247
Region Association: Central California

1974 914
ok so I had a 1.8 and now trying install the 2.0 and vaccum hoes's and crank case hose's are drving me crazy
The dist: hads two vaccum ports one goes to the carb and the other one needs to go there too but there's no other port at the card: ?

The crank case under the carb: has two ports and they been plug off where do they go ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jul 4 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Tman914 @ Jul 4 2009, 02:08 PM) *

1974 914
ok so I had a 1.8 and now trying install the 2.0 and vaccum hoes's and crank case hose's are drving me crazy
The dist: hads two vaccum ports one goes to the carb and the other one needs to go there too but there's no other port at the card: ?

The crank case under the carb: has two ports and they been plug off where do they go ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

call me any time you need tech advice. My phone numbers are all published. I am out in the garage now but always available for tech advice
+Quote Post
shelby/914
post Jul 4 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,655
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The hose diagrams are posted in color on Pelican Parts, Have been posted here many times, so a search would eventually turn them up. The search function at the bottom of the page will become your friend although sometimes you may have to read a lot of threads to find exactly what you need, but all info is good.
+Quote Post
Tman914
post Jul 4 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,247
Region Association: Central California

Thank you
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jul 4 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #5

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Since you have what sounds to be a single carb setup, cap all of the vacuum hoses. That'll be more than close enough for that setup.

When you get a chance, make sure you throw the single-carb setup as far away from your car as you can. Then take a hammer to it. You might actually be able to turn it into something useful--who knows?

Duals are the only way to go if you use carbs. Yes, you have to sync them up and figure out a linkage. But they actually work reasonably, which you can't really say for the single-carb setup on our engines.

Then you can ignore the distributor vacuum hoses, and hook the head vents and the PCV valve together into a "breather box".

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:31 AM