Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 - 1.8 to a 2.0 just got this engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tman914
1974 914
ok so I had a 1.8 and now trying install the 2.0 and vaccum hoes's and crank case hose's are drving me crazy
The dist: hads two vaccum ports one goes to the carb and the other one needs to go there too but there's no other port at the card: ?

The crank case under the carb: has two ports and they been plug off where do they go ?

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tman914 @ Jul 4 2009, 02:08 PM) *

1974 914
ok so I had a 1.8 and now trying install the 2.0 and vaccum hoes's and crank case hose's are drving me crazy
The dist: hads two vaccum ports one goes to the carb and the other one needs to go there too but there's no other port at the card: ?

The crank case under the carb: has two ports and they been plug off where do they go ?

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

call me any time you need tech advice. My phone numbers are all published. I am out in the garage now but always available for tech advice
shelby/914
The hose diagrams are posted in color on Pelican Parts, Have been posted here many times, so a search would eventually turn them up. The search function at the bottom of the page will become your friend although sometimes you may have to read a lot of threads to find exactly what you need, but all info is good.
Tman914
Thank you
Dave_Darling
Since you have what sounds to be a single carb setup, cap all of the vacuum hoses. That'll be more than close enough for that setup.

When you get a chance, make sure you throw the single-carb setup as far away from your car as you can. Then take a hammer to it. You might actually be able to turn it into something useful--who knows?

Duals are the only way to go if you use carbs. Yes, you have to sync them up and figure out a linkage. But they actually work reasonably, which you can't really say for the single-carb setup on our engines.

Then you can ignore the distributor vacuum hoses, and hook the head vents and the PCV valve together into a "breather box".

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.