Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The ongoing daily saga of the 914, help me diagnose
jsayre914
post Jul 5 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Valves were just adjusted, 1.8 with l-jet. Car has one bad studd on cylnder #2 and there is just one nut holding the heat exchanger on that one.

car has a terrible idle, has power untill you reach a hill, you have to let up off the pedal to maintain your speed. If you press down even a little you will loose speed, and need to downshift.

today, i notice a terrible knocking sound that statrted when the car did. i drove it to work and it runs just the same (good enough) but the knocking is still there. I pulled the wire off cylender # 2 and the knock goes away, engine stumble as it should. Plug it back and the knocking continues.

It gets better....

When i give it throttle from the engine bay to stop the engine from chocking i notice a puff of smoke comes out of the cylender # 3 hole in the tin. Every time i give it throttle smoke comes blowing out of #3 hole (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) There is lotsa black oily residue all around that hole.

Is this a compound problem. Is it just because the exhaust is not hooked up to the head, what the %^&ck is that knocking sound??

Thanks and good day
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:00 PM