Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Drilling and Tapping for Exhaust Studs, Gentlemen, I need your help.
nebreitling
post Mar 5 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #1

Member Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 478

well, i screwed the pooch on this one.

long story short: while re-attaching the HE's to the heads, i stripped 3 exhaust studs at the head. i swear i didn't even put 12lbs of torque on the little bastards, maybe they were just tired. in any case, i've got an exhaust leak at the head (1 and 3), which leaves me with a little project. and,

i don't know how to drill and tap the heads. has anyone done this? would someone be so kind as to guide me through the process? what studs are needed, etc.? my hand drill is charged and awaiting your instructions.... thanks

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

nathan

p.s. i used new copper exhaust gaskets, and took care that they were properly seated in the exhaust ports, so i don't think that's problem. the car is a '75 with the (shitty) late-style exhaust. if anyone has a header for sale, i'm interested.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nebreitling   Drilling and Tapping for Exhaust Studs   Mar 5 2004, 06:54 PM
garyh   Let's hope you have a 2.0. Get yourself over ...   Mar 5 2004, 07:26 PM
nebreitling   yeah, 2.0 thanks for the reply i'll swing b...   Mar 5 2004, 07:31 PM
ppickerell   If the heads are off the car, you can bring them t...   Mar 5 2004, 07:37 PM
garyh  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 11:01 PM