Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update Thread, The hotel is booked
ClayPerrine
post Jul 8 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

All..

Sorry for the lack of updates... we had (and still have) a casualty in our 914 family. Betty's 914 spit the fan off the crank and terminally damaged the crank.

So she now has a 1974 2.0L car. It still says 1.8 on the back, but it has a complete GA 2.0 in it.

We need to get moving on the Shirts and the tour routes.

Any updates from anyone???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pcar916
post Jul 10 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #2

Is that a Lola?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2009, 04:16 AM) *

All..

Sorry for the lack of updates... we had (and still have) a casualty in our 914 family. Betty's 914 spit the fan off the crank and terminally damaged the crank.

So she now has a 1974 2.0L car. It still says 1.8 on the back, but it has a complete GA 2.0 in it.

We need to get moving on the Shirts and the tour routes.

Any updates from anyone???

Sorry to hear about the broken car! I'm patching Penelope too, but not so drastically, just refitting a new secondary oil cooler to replace the leaky bugger that preceded it. Fabrication is fun but not when you did it to yourself!

I'll post in indicidual threads but now that JT has his car back, we'll post some trial runs around Hot Springs. Iv've gotten some good feedback from folks that live there. Good roads if they're in god shaoe! ~Ron
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 10 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #3

Do you want to handle the tours then? Betty and I were planning to map out the tours and take a weekend and pre-run them. IF you can handle them, that would save us a trip.

+Quote Post
pcar916
post Jul 10 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #4

Is that a Lola?

Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 10 2009, 05:37 AM) *

Do you want to handle the tours then? Betty and I were planning to map out the tours and take a weekend and pre-run them. IF you can handle them, that would save us a trip.

Yep, I volunteered before and it's still on. We were just waiting for JT's motor to be fixed and he just got it back. I'll have my cooler fab'd up today so I'll be ready too.

I know the Memphis guys want to be involved so I'll call them and schedule the effort. We have some excellent routes to preview.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 10 2009, 09:03 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jul 10 2009, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 10 2009, 05:37 AM) *

Yep, I volunteered before and it's still on. We were just waiting for JT's motor to be fixed and he just got it back. I'll have my cooler fab'd up today so I'll be ready too.

I know the Memphis guys want to be involved so I'll call them and schedule the effort. We have some excellent routes to preview.

Tour route info:

We need 2 tours.

The one on Friday must include a stop at the Diamond mine, and lunch somewhere.
The Saturday tour must conclude no later than 3 in the afternoon, we have the car show, tech quiz, and banquet that evening.

We also need a 20 to 30 minute tour with multiple turns for the Rally. Keep the people who know about this one to the minimum. Anyone who has pre-run this is not eligible to enter the rally. The rally will be done after dark on Friday, and should be a really fun event.

+Quote Post
post Aug 11 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #6

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028
Region Association: South East States

I am in contact with Clarion to get an extra week added to Aug 21st cutoff on room rates since this is so late in getting advertised.

KP
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:46 PM