Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
ClayPerrine
All..

Sorry for the lack of updates... we had (and still have) a casualty in our 914 family. Betty's 914 spit the fan off the crank and terminally damaged the crank.

So she now has a 1974 2.0L car. It still says 1.8 on the back, but it has a complete GA 2.0 in it.

We need to get moving on the Shirts and the tour routes.

Any updates from anyone???
pcar916
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2009, 04:16 AM) *

All..

Sorry for the lack of updates... we had (and still have) a casualty in our 914 family. Betty's 914 spit the fan off the crank and terminally damaged the crank.

So she now has a 1974 2.0L car. It still says 1.8 on the back, but it has a complete GA 2.0 in it.

We need to get moving on the Shirts and the tour routes.

Any updates from anyone???

Sorry to hear about the broken car! I'm patching Penelope too, but not so drastically, just refitting a new secondary oil cooler to replace the leaky bugger that preceded it. Fabrication is fun but not when you did it to yourself!

I'll post in indicidual threads but now that JT has his car back, we'll post some trial runs around Hot Springs. Iv've gotten some good feedback from folks that live there. Good roads if they're in god shaoe! ~Ron
ClayPerrine
Do you want to handle the tours then? Betty and I were planning to map out the tours and take a weekend and pre-run them. IF you can handle them, that would save us a trip.

pcar916
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 10 2009, 05:37 AM) *

Do you want to handle the tours then? Betty and I were planning to map out the tours and take a weekend and pre-run them. IF you can handle them, that would save us a trip.

Yep, I volunteered before and it's still on. We were just waiting for JT's motor to be fixed and he just got it back. I'll have my cooler fab'd up today so I'll be ready too.

I know the Memphis guys want to be involved so I'll call them and schedule the effort. We have some excellent routes to preview.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jul 10 2009, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 10 2009, 05:37 AM) *

Yep, I volunteered before and it's still on. We were just waiting for JT's motor to be fixed and he just got it back. I'll have my cooler fab'd up today so I'll be ready too.

I know the Memphis guys want to be involved so I'll call them and schedule the effort. We have some excellent routes to preview.

Tour route info:

We need 2 tours.

The one on Friday must include a stop at the Diamond mine, and lunch somewhere.
The Saturday tour must conclude no later than 3 in the afternoon, we have the car show, tech quiz, and banquet that evening.

We also need a 20 to 30 minute tour with multiple turns for the Rally. Keep the people who know about this one to the minimum. Anyone who has pre-run this is not eligible to enter the rally. The rally will be done after dark on Friday, and should be a really fun event.

I am in contact with Clarion to get an extra week added to Aug 21st cutoff on room rates since this is so late in getting advertised.

KP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.