Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Video: Chevy HHR "Race Car" Molotov Cocktail at Road Atlanta, This thing was smoking fast until it exploded!
Jake Raby
post Jul 21 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #21

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I have been trying to convince Len to create a kit from this for a while now.. Fact is the parts aren't the only way he accomplished this because the install is a big part of it..

The shifter is so positive that words just can't describe it!! And it has a bad ass reverse/1st lock out as well..

No more cheesy ass bushings either....

The problem is I keep Len so slammed with TIV and M96 cylinder heads and machine work that he has no time to design a kit for this, or make the units.

This post has been edited by Jake Raby: Jul 21 2009, 08:16 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914four
post Jul 21 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,582
Region Association: South East States

Amazing video!
+Quote Post
HAM Inc
post Jul 22 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 6,499
Region Association: None

I have been trying to convince Len to create a kit from this for a while now.. Fact is the parts aren't the only way he accomplished this because the install is a big part of it..

Yeah there's more to it than just the gate. It's an entire system from the Rennshifter to the tranny. Manufacturing this unit for a dozen serious racers just doesn't interest me. I don't believe the street crowd will want it because the tub has to be modified and that crowd won't want to cut their firewall to accomdate my custom firewall bushing. Without it the system doesn't work as well.

The problem is I keep Len so slammed with TIV and M96 cylinder heads and machine work that he has no time to design a kit for this, or make the units.

And that gets to the crux of the matter! Plus, I like having one of the best shifting 901 boxed 914's on the planet!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:48 PM