Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> s.b. drplink bushing replacement, before i start
rhodyguy
post Apr 2 2003, 08:06 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

did a search, perhaps used wrong terms. before i start fighting these things, should i just grind off one side of the bushing to ease removal? as for getting the new ones in, what's best. i'll be doing the fronts as well. thanks for keeping the frustration down to a level where i'm not throwing a wrench through a window and saving me a few hours i'm sure.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 2 2003, 12:13 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Front or rear?

I've forgotten how the stock front droplinks go; but I think it was pretty straightforward.

The rear droplinks were a bitch. The old ones pried out eventually; a slice in the bushing would have made that easier I think.

The new bushings pressed in with a lot of persuasion, a vise, some screwdrivers (see "persuasion"), and a whoooooole lotta curse words (more "persuasion"). A good soak in hot water probably would have helped soften them and make them go in a bit easier.

Putting them back on the car was also a pain; I used a carpentry-type clamp (bar clamp or squeeze-to-tighten clamp) to push them on.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:06 AM