Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: s.b. drplink bushing replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
did a search, perhaps used wrong terms. before i start fighting these things, should i just grind off one side of the bushing to ease removal? as for getting the new ones in, what's best. i'll be doing the fronts as well. thanks for keeping the frustration down to a level where i'm not throwing a wrench through a window and saving me a few hours i'm sure.

kevin
Dave_Darling
Front or rear?

I've forgotten how the stock front droplinks go; but I think it was pretty straightforward.

The rear droplinks were a bitch. The old ones pried out eventually; a slice in the bushing would have made that easier I think.

The new bushings pressed in with a lot of persuasion, a vise, some screwdrivers (see "persuasion"), and a whoooooole lotta curse words (more "persuasion"). A good soak in hot water probably would have helped soften them and make them go in a bit easier.

Putting them back on the car was also a pain; I used a carpentry-type clamp (bar clamp or squeeze-to-tighten clamp) to push them on.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.