Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS 1973 914 street legal autocross car, $6000
brilliantrot
post Jul 28 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,699

I got the car 6 years ago as a poorly running but rust free car and have slowly been rebuilding it into the car that it is today.

Body
Car is virtually rust free, I can't find any but I am sure there is some there as it is a 914 after all. The tub is straight with the original battery tray and original unmodified clutch tube that is still fully connected in all 3 points. The car is stiffened by a 6pt. Autopower roll cage that was professionally tig welded by the same guy that welds the Saleen S7 suspension components, the welds are phenomenal. The cage is welded together but bolted into the car so removal would be easy should it be used as a street car in the future. The fenders were heavily rolled/ molested to allow for the use of wide Hoosiers so there is ether a fare bit of body work required to make it look good again or they need to be cut off and replaced by fiberglass flares.

Engine
The engine is a FAT Performance built 2056cc engine based upon the original 1.7 case that is still uses standard standard bearings. The heads are ported and polished 1.8L heads with stainless 2.0L valves, double valve springs, titanium retainer, modified for better geometry 1.7 rockers with solid shims replacing the springs as well as 911 swivel feet adjusters. The cam is 290 duration .507 lift FAT custom grind that pushes ceramic lifters and chromoly pushrods. The compression is set at 8.6 to 1 as I wanted a pump gas reliable engine. The rods are stock 2.0L with ARP bolts and the crank is a stock 2.0L that has been balanced and polished. The engine is fed by twin 40mm IDF webber carburetors that were completely gone through and rebuilt when the engine was done in June 2008. The car has a complete Mallory ignition system comprising of a Unalight distributor that was remanufactured and set up by Chris Foley at Tangerine racing paired with a Mallory coil and Mallory rev-limiting ignition box. Spend gasses exit through a Tangerine racing header and a phase 9 muffler for 96db venues and the there is a phase 10 muffler for quieter venues. The entire exhaust system is ceramic coated inside and out. To duplicate from scratch this is a $9-10K engine that is very strong and puts out an estimated 140hp. The engine was completed in June of 2008 and has a total of 12 auto crosses and 2000 or so street miles, it is still very fresh.

Transmission
The transmission is a bone stock 901 that was completely rebuilt by Rancho Transmissions around 10,000 miles ago. It shifts fantastically and I have never had a problem with it. It is supported by WEVO trans mounts and the the engine is supported by JWest nylon mounts, providing a stable place for the JWest Rennshifter to quickly and accuratly select the gears. The clutch and pressure plate are standard 2.0L afars that were replaced at the time of the transmission rebuild and showed no wear at the when the new engine went in last year and were thus retained. The car launches hard with no clutch slip against the 13 pound flywheel. All components were balanced at time of install.

Suspension
The rear suspension comprises of stock trailing arms that have had ERP PolyBronze bushings installed and are controlled by yellow Koni Sport shocks wrapped by 200lb/in springs on Paragon Products height adjustable collars.

The front suspension is stock except for the addition of a Tarrett sway bar, ERP decambered balljoints, a billet steering biscuit, and turbo tierods.

Brakes
The braking system was revamped with the use of late front calipers used in all 4 corners, sorry no parking brake, stainless braided lines, an wilwood cockpit adjustable brake bias valve, porterfield pads, high temp brake fluid, and a new 19mm master cylinder actuated by a rebuilt pedal assembly. The car stops very well and I have never experienced any brake fade. I have the stock rear calipers and parking brake assembly should you like to convert back to stock but they are in need of a rebuild.

Spares
The car comes with 4 sets of wheels. 2 sets are 15X7" Panasport, one set are 15X7" revolutions, and the forth set are generic 8 spokes are use for street use. A large selection of wheel spacers are also included to allow for a wide range of wheels and tires to be used. A spare distributor as well as sever coils are included as back ups. A four channel compensating aerospace logic cylinder head gauge from Tangerine racing that I have yet to install comes with it as well. I have many if not all of the interior bits for the car as well as other spares such as headlight motors and other miscellaneous odds and ends.

I have put a lot of blood and sweat into this car over the years and it has treated me well with several TTODs, and I have never been beaten by another 914 in it and have embarrassed many much faster and more expensive machines but all good things must come to an end and it is time for me to move on to a more modern and electronic fuel injected Porsche fun car. To build this car again would cost over $20000 in parts alone and some of them like the ceramic lifters are not even available any more.

In car video. Car driven by fast boxster driver Carl V. of Cam FX. He was not quite up to speed a 914 but this run was good for 6th fastest time of the day at a San Diego autocross. http://www.vimeo.com/5661271

Car is all steel and comes in at around 1900lbs depending on fuel load.

I am asking $9500 OBO.

For questions about the car or specific pictures you can reply to add, PM me, or call me at 949 887 9861. Also, my Email is evanfullerton@gmail.com.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:48 AM