Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is there a way to tell which engine came stock on my 914?
ubii
post Jul 28 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,586
Region Association: None

I know this might be a dumb question, but is there any way to tell which engine (1.8 or 2.0) came stock from the factory on my 914? I recently bought what I thought was a 1975 2.0, only to later discover that according to the engine serial number (EC044801), that it really is a 1.8. The PO listed it as a 2.0, only because it had the 2.0 emblem on the back and unfortunately I was dumb enough not to verify the engine serial number before I bought it . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) The fuel injection system has been completely gutted and has been replaced with a single carb, so I do not know if it originally came with a L-Jet or D-Jet. I am simply trying to figure out if this 914 originally came with a 2.0, which was later replaced by a 1.8 for some reason or if it originally came with a 1.8 and someone mistakenly added the wrong emblem later on. The engine serial number does appear to be within the range for 1975, which is (EC 0037552 - EC 0045072), but all this does is confirm that the engine and car were built the same year. I guess in the end, it doesn't really matter, though it would be nice to know if this is the original engine or not.

VIN Info - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=12405

Thanks, ubii
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:30 PM