Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Off Topic: Pics from the North American Auto Show
vortrex
post Jan 10 2003, 06:22 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

hah. I am in a '95 disco I 3.9 liter, much worse than a disco II!

BUT, at least this truck will make it to 150k miles no problem. can fords make it to 80k these days? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

only ford I owned was a '78 granada that I bought for $20 to get me by while my super beetle was getting painted. drove it for 2 weeks with no problems, then trashed it in a field baja'ing. left it there and by the time I got back to look at it someone ripped the doors off and dumped house paint all over it. LOL.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jan 10 2003, 06:31 PM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

just turned 95k miles on my '01 F150 S'crew, had to replace the alt and battery a few weeks ago before my drive down to New Orleans....not too bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I guess the Disco/Land Rover is sorta related to the 914 since the Old's aluminum V8 is a semi-popular swap motor
+Quote Post
post Jan 10 2003, 06:47 PM
Post #23

Group:
Member No.: 0

Just came back from the SJ auto show, they had the Cayenne Turbo there. Interesting car.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Jan 10 2003, 07:24 PM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Brad wrote: "I found the only other person who thinks Ferrari's suck. They look great on the outside, are constructed terribly. I have seen many in the body shops... YUCK"

Yeah, a client of mine has one in his shop (I think it's a 550) that he's repairing from a serious rear/side impact.
He got all original Ferrari-factory replacement parts for it. Not ONE of them fit on the car without major adjustments of the parts!!!
He called with the place where he got the parts from to complain about it and ask if these were replica parts. The salesrep told him: "no sir, these are original parts, and yes, you're right, they never fit..."

Cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:17 PM