Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Howdy again
MRM4418
post Mar 8 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,718

Before I ask my questions let me just say this is the BEST car forum I've ever read, no BS, just a place where people come together with a common interest and help each other (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm still very interested in getting a 914 this summer, and if I do so I'll be doing a EJ20t swap. But I still have a few questions floating around in my head, anyone care to get rid of a few?

-With having a radiator up front, is it still possible to put the spare up there? If I get a 914 this summer it will be my daily driver, and I don't want to be on the side of the road calling for a tow if I get a flat.

-What is the (i hate to say it) simpliest wiring system? From what I've read stock would be a bit difficult since they cut all the wires when shipping the engine, but what if I found a complete harness? I've also read that a lot of subaru owners go aftermarket for their own cars, what system do they usually use? I'd like to keep this part of the swap under 800 or so.

-What parts of the fuel system can you keep from the 914? What subbie parts do you need to get?

-What thermostat would be best with the EJ20t?

Oh, and if you remember my other post (and first post at that), I mentioned a car behind a shop near my house. I went by and checked it out this weekend, but I think its another 914 that will rust away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , I took pictures but I forgot my transfer cable at home. But on a good note I talked to my boss, and apparently some rich guy in corpus has about 6 or so 914 just sitting around somewhere, and apparently there might be a couple good rollers (he said there is one good, running one, but it has a chalon body kit, and I'll all about stock teeners).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Mar 8 2004, 11:00 AM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Don't know anything about a E20jt motor but most guys go to the spacesaver spare tire from a 911/944. Its sits upright and then there is room for the radiator.
Actually, the first car to ever use the spacesaver spare was the 916!
You will need to get a small air compressor too that plugs into the lighter so you can blow it up. Posche made a nice compact one that fits in a little box.
These are only for 5 bolt pattern cars!

Geoff
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Mar 8 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Even if it doesn't fit....you have another trunk in the rear.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 8 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #4

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Do a search opn this website for the subie swap. look for posts by Fiid especially.

You might also look for Eric Tischers website. He did the Subie wap a few years ago.

Her it is:

http://www.etischer.com/914xt.html
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MRM4418
post Mar 8 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,718

QUOTE(bowlsby @ Mar 8 2004, 11:58 AM)
Do a search opn this website for the subie swap.  look for posts by Fiid especially.

You might also look for Eric Tischers website. He did the Subie wap a few years ago.

Her it is:

http://www.etischer.com/914xt.html

ya, I've searched this entire site and read everything I could, and I've seen his website as well. If I do the swap I plan on putting as much as possible on the net
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:48 AM