Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howdy again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MRM4418
Before I ask my questions let me just say this is the BEST car forum I've ever read, no BS, just a place where people come together with a common interest and help each other smile.gif

I'm still very interested in getting a 914 this summer, and if I do so I'll be doing a EJ20t swap. But I still have a few questions floating around in my head, anyone care to get rid of a few?

-With having a radiator up front, is it still possible to put the spare up there? If I get a 914 this summer it will be my daily driver, and I don't want to be on the side of the road calling for a tow if I get a flat.

-What is the (i hate to say it) simpliest wiring system? From what I've read stock would be a bit difficult since they cut all the wires when shipping the engine, but what if I found a complete harness? I've also read that a lot of subaru owners go aftermarket for their own cars, what system do they usually use? I'd like to keep this part of the swap under 800 or so.

-What parts of the fuel system can you keep from the 914? What subbie parts do you need to get?

-What thermostat would be best with the EJ20t?

Oh, and if you remember my other post (and first post at that), I mentioned a car behind a shop near my house. I went by and checked it out this weekend, but I think its another 914 that will rust away sad.gif , I took pictures but I forgot my transfer cable at home. But on a good note I talked to my boss, and apparently some rich guy in corpus has about 6 or so 914 just sitting around somewhere, and apparently there might be a couple good rollers (he said there is one good, running one, but it has a chalon body kit, and I'll all about stock teeners).
Bleyseng
Don't know anything about a E20jt motor but most guys go to the spacesaver spare tire from a 911/944. Its sits upright and then there is room for the radiator.
Actually, the first car to ever use the spacesaver spare was the 916!
You will need to get a small air compressor too that plugs into the lighter so you can blow it up. Posche made a nice compact one that fits in a little box.
These are only for 5 bolt pattern cars!

Geoff
Joe Bob
Even if it doesn't fit....you have another trunk in the rear.... laugh.gif
JeffBowlsby
Do a search opn this website for the subie swap. look for posts by Fiid especially.

You might also look for Eric Tischers website. He did the Subie wap a few years ago.

Her it is:

http://www.etischer.com/914xt.html
MRM4418
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Mar 8 2004, 11:58 AM)
Do a search opn this website for the subie swap.  look for posts by Fiid especially.

You might also look for Eric Tischers website. He did the Subie wap a few years ago.

Her it is:

http://www.etischer.com/914xt.html

ya, I've searched this entire site and read everything I could, and I've seen his website as well. If I do the swap I plan on putting as much as possible on the net
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.