Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Metal fatigue/stress marks near front subframe mount?, Argh. Good frame shop in MD just in case?
ghuff
post Aug 9 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #1

This is certainly not what I expected down here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,389
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Bear with me I am going to get pictures, but I have what looks like metal fatigue. There was some cracked paint and surface rust starting on the drivers side rear control arm mounting point.

I think it may be from curbing in the past. It does not appear the front subframe mount was pulled out of alignment at all which is very odd, however the torsion bar adjustment is way off side to side.....

Does anyone have a list of measurements for the front end? I want to make sure nothing is tweaked and if so, the car needs to go to the frame shop now then I can be sure it is straight.

I suppose a 100% straightedge between the two rear mounting points would allow me to see if it were true heightwise....

The welds and undercoating on the tab that holds the bolt/threads are fine. It is just near the 90 degree sheetmetal tab that holds the rubber brake line to the unibody where it joins the steel.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:50 AM