Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Preventing flash rust without spraying two part epoxy primer?, There has to be a way! Metal ready is not it!
ghuff
post Aug 14 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #1

This is certainly not what I expected down here.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,389
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So.... POR 15 metal ready sucks at preventing flash rust. Even in a garage that is ok at sealing.

Spraying a two part epoxy primer is out, and my pans are going to be bare metal for a while since I have to remove the cross brace in the pan and the center tunnel to attack the rust in there. Is epoxy primer available in cans?

I need to prevent the metal from flashing and rusting agian while this is done so I can do it all with por 15 excepting the area where the brace/center tunnel mates with the pan, which of course will be weld through primer.

Also any reccomendations on a good weld through primer? U-pol I hear is the best and worth every penny vs 3m or the others?

Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:53 AM