Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Source for shifter parts?
Eddie914
post Mar 9 2004, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

What is the best source for shifter rebuild parts for a '71 914 1.7 converted to a 2.7/901 side-shift?

In particular I'm need of the protective covers at the transmission and the linkage joint aft of the firewall. I have an assortment of bushings that I hope will fit what ever has been installed for linkage by the previous owner who performed the conversion.

ps - Yesterday, the car made it's maiden appearance on the track at Pacific Raceways in Seattle. We ran it for about 10 laps as a “test and tune” during a Proformance Racing lapping day. The oil temp leveled off at about 245. The 911SC brakes worked quite well with the stock proportioning valve.

We ran 27/28 psi for tire pressures on the 225/50/16 and 245/45/16 Yokohama A008R SII tires on 7 & 8 inch wheels. The handling seemed quite balanced, but we were only running at about 70%.

Thanks

Eddie
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:33 AM