Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduction with pics :)
SLITS
post Aug 20 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #21

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

With that quality work, you will do well Pilgrim, you will do well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 20 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #22

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

No carbs!!!! If you want REAL six performance, use MFI!!!

The FI for the 1.8 is very good, just too small of a throttle body for anything bigger

2056 using 1.8L heads that have been fitted with 2.0L valves and an overbored throttle body. Use 912E injectors and a 1.7 fuel pressure regulator to increase the fuel flow to the engine for the bigger bore and stroke. Stick with a Web86 or smaller cam and a lightened flywheel. That will generate good performance and still be drivable.

Kinda funny how a bunch of people who had 914s back in the 70s and early 80s and moved on to more expensive Porsches are buying a 914 again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
trojanhorsepower
post Aug 21 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,179

Oh yeah! another 914 in my neck of the woods. There are more here than you might think, but most are hidden away on jack stands. You will want the stand to free up your lift. I live near Burgaw, which beach are you near? I know of 2 teeners in Jacksonville and one in Durham also. There is a really nice one near Carolina Beach, but as far as I know he does not drive it, just trailers to shows.

Welcome to 914World!!
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 21 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 10,676
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Aug 21 2009, 09:45 AM) *

Oh yeah! another 914 in my neck of the woods. There are more here than you might think, but most are hidden away on jack stands. You will want the stand to free up your lift. I live near Burgaw, which beach are you near? I know of 2 teeners in Jacksonville and one in Durham also. There is a really nice one near Carolina Beach, but as far as I know he does not drive it, just trailers to shows.

Welcome to 914World!!

Cool! I'm in Wilmington close to C.beach. I need a parts car if you know of any (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Ping me the next time you come down to Wilm.
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Aug 21 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I will go against everything every one here has said so far and say just leave it a stock 1.8 L-Jet unless you plan on installing a 2.0 or a /6 in it.

One of the best things about my 1.8 is that when it runs good, it runs good. It may be slow, but it is a blast to drive nonetheless.

If you want a fast car..well drive the 993. If you want a fun car, then drive the 914 that day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

Welcome to the board! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
bembry
post Aug 21 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 4,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Concur with Sleepin--I'd leave it stock, or at least fairly stock. It's a nice lookin' 914. Still has the stock front valence, a nice color, and tan interior.
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 21 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(bembry @ Aug 21 2009, 03:13 PM) *

Concur with Sleepin--I'd leave it stock, or at least fairly stock. It's a nice lookin' 914. Still has the stock front valence, a nice color, and tan interior.

Yeah fairly stock is where I want to be. The interior however won't be tan too long, I'm not a fan, so black it will become (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
trojanhorsepower
post Aug 21 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,179

Sadly I don't know of any in our area, but I know there is a guy in Hillsborough with several. At least he used to have several. I have not been out that way for a while. I am sure I could get you contact info (my folks live up there). Could probably even bring back some parts.
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 21 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #29

any help is appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bembry
post Aug 22 2009, 03:21 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 4,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(993inNC @ Aug 21 2009, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(bembry @ Aug 21 2009, 03:13 PM) *

Yeah fairly stock is where I want to be. The interior however won't be tan too long, I'm not a fan, so black it will become (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

In that case, if you're selling off the backpad and door panels in search of black ones, then i'm interested! (Mine are pretty rough.)
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 22 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #31

Not sure yet what I'll be doing with those parts, haven't even really assessed the condition of everything yet. My though though was to dye the back pad instead of replacing it. Door panels will go for sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As I get into the car, I'll post (where ever is appropriate) stuff FS or free. For now I think I'll work on getting everything working and safe so I can drive it this fall, then really tear into it next summer. The safe and driveable condition part won't take long then I may start assembling a new interior so i can enjoy my surroundings. PM me so I have your contact info as I get into it.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Aug 22 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #32

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

So we have a drummer for our "All 914 Band"???
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 22 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #33

Ah............well.............you could have a bass player, drummer, or rhythm guitar player (genre dependent) take your pick. I play bass for my band currently, have and play a drumset for fun (bought it while auditioning drummers to cut down on awkwardness if we didn't like the guy, thank him and send him on his way instead of waiting and having to "chat" while they broke down) and played guitar for many years before all that (but I only have a certain style to me - Rock/Metal)

When and where do we start practice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

if you dare, we are at myspace.com/unclejunkband if you're into mostly 80's rock cover tunes. you can do the math on which one I am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Aug 22 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #34

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

Not to hijack your thread, but here's a pic from the last jam. We have a weekly acoustic get together and then a party/karaoke/jam thing three or four times a year. The sax player is one of my best friends, and plays guitar-mandolin-keys-whatever, the bass player is also a good friend and the best keyboard player in the area, and the harp player is totally kick ass. Me I'm not good at anything except maybe throwing a party!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
993inNC
post Aug 22 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #35

See now that picture is so deceiving with the Scorpions and Randy Rhodes poster behind the guitar player (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) But I'm guessing we play different music......nothing wrong with that either since they're all the same notes just in different format and probably speed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:11 PM