Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with Jetting on a Zenith Carb, Just found out my 6 has VW Jetting-Now what?
ellisor3
post Aug 26 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #1

HPWhore

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,683
Region Association: South East States

Since I purchased my conversion 6, I knew it was being starved for power and simply did not run correctly at higher rpms. I checked the timing, valves, and synched the carbs but still ran lean and backfired.

Finally I took it to a guy I know that has worked on teeners for 20+ years and had him take a look. He called back and asked if I was converting my 6 to a VW because it had VW jets in it. To make matters worse, these are Zenith Carbs and the jets are almost impossible to find. I did track back in the PO's receipts and guess who built the carbs, Motor Meister (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) . Apparently they just stuck in whatever would make it run. My questions are:

Does anyone know the correct jetting for a 3.0 with 40mm Zenith Carbs?

Could I assume the jetting is similar to Webbers of the same size?

Does anyone know where I can locate the jets?

Thanks in advance
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ahdoman
post Aug 26 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #2

It's phonetic...Ah-D-O-Man (Audioman)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,084
Region Association: Southern California

James,
Sorry my /6 is CIS so I can't help you there but you might try this same post on the Pelican Parts site under the 911 Technical section. There's a lot more Zenith info there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 01:39 AM