Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake Question, re: rotors
76-914
post Aug 29 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) My L frt rotor mic'd 0.384. No brainer; junk. However, the R frt mic'd 0.405. What is the standard take off when turned (given there are no gouges)? Or will there be a problem because the L side will be new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) OT:I just finished the rear brakes and wanted to thank Ron (aka Slits) for the time spent "learning me" the rear calipers. A quick job if your preped. Also, thx to GPR. Great shipping rates! Also...... they contacted me before shipping because it appeared that I had over looked an additional item! Pretty good service, huh? Newbies take note. We need all the help we can get.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Aug 29 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I've always replaced brake components in pairs. If one side's rotor is trash, then buy rotors for both sides with new pads.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Aug 29 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #3

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Spoke @ Aug 29 2009, 04:20 PM) *

I've always replaced brake components in pairs. If one side's rotor is trash, then buy rotors for both sides with new pads.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

plus I think they will be below spec after a cut.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
76-914
post Aug 29 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #4

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) All good info but I still want to know what the take off is. Besides, if it didn't work I would order another rotor to correct. I like to play around with this thing and it won't be road ready for a couple of month's so I have time to experiment. Were this something I needed for Monday am comute I would definately follow that advice. Just wondering if someone does have knowlegeable first hand info re: this. If so, please chime in. If not, I will order the one rotor and get back with the results.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 02:18 PM