Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
confused24.gif My L frt rotor mic'd 0.384. No brainer; junk. However, the R frt mic'd 0.405. What is the standard take off when turned (given there are no gouges)? Or will there be a problem because the L side will be new? smilie_pokal.gif OT:I just finished the rear brakes and wanted to thank Ron (aka Slits) for the time spent "learning me" the rear calipers. A quick job if your preped. Also, thx to GPR. Great shipping rates! Also...... they contacted me before shipping because it appeared that I had over looked an additional item! Pretty good service, huh? Newbies take note. We need all the help we can get.
Spoke
I've always replaced brake components in pairs. If one side's rotor is trash, then buy rotors for both sides with new pads.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Spoke @ Aug 29 2009, 04:20 PM) *

I've always replaced brake components in pairs. If one side's rotor is trash, then buy rotors for both sides with new pads.

agree.gif

plus I think they will be below spec after a cut.
76-914
icon_bump.gif All good info but I still want to know what the take off is. Besides, if it didn't work I would order another rotor to correct. I like to play around with this thing and it won't be road ready for a couple of month's so I have time to experiment. Were this something I needed for Monday am comute I would definately follow that advice. Just wondering if someone does have knowlegeable first hand info re: this. If so, please chime in. If not, I will order the one rotor and get back with the results.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.