Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Eberspacher heating in 914......, Anyone done it?
Rod
post Sep 16 2009, 05:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,526
Region Association: England

I want to fit a header on my 914, and am looking into heating options. I could fit a tangerine heat exchanger or alternatively fit an eberspacher heater in the front. I would remove all the the piping in the cabin, install the heater in the front. The unit has an internal fan, so the original blower could be removed and the gas heater be installed in it's place, with the output pipes going to the air controllers on either side. The dash controls would then direct the hot air either up or down, and I'm sure the fan controller on the dash wiring could be modified to turn the heater on and off.

I'm not concerned about having cold air blown through the vents - if I want fresh air I open the window!

So does anyone know what the airflow is like out of the eberspacher? Would I need a seperate fan to increase airflow sufficiently?

Has anyone installed one in a 914 before??
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:41 AM