Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gas tank is back in, Thanks to Dr914
PanelBilly
post Sep 17 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I had the tank in place, but needed to paint the straps that hold it in place. Out it came again. I saw the thread about the new nut Dr had for the gas tank and thought hard about the old seals that I had used. I just couldn't put it togeather with the old seals and take a chance of a fire. Today the new parts arrive and its back togeather again.
Attached Image

Speaking of fires, we had one a month ago, The cloths dryer started smoking and I'm so lucky that my daughter and the grandkids got out of the house because a heat wave flashed through the building and basically destroyed everything. Trust me kids. I've always thought that if the house was on fire, I could run in and get stuff, but if anybody had been in the building when the flash when through the house they would have been fried on the spot. So if you have a fire, get the hell out and stay out. The carpet in this house is MELTED, not from the fire, but the heat wave that flew out from the fire in the laundry room. The flat screen tv on the other side of the house was melted too. Nearly everything was roasted.

Here's the laundry room
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:42 AM